Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,391 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,774 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Hi David, 

"Synchron Strings Pro" because it really is more than just a second part for Synchron Strings I. 

Synchron Strings Pro is a fresh approach and also contains some articulations from Synchron Strings I, which makes it an independent product AND and upgrade/crossgrade from Synchron Strings I at the same time. 

You are correct about CC2, but that should be done with a click. Hope that's OK for you, we're trying to keep the preset list as lean as possible!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Muziksculp, 

I think that our upcoming demos and videos will help you with that decision. 

You cannot go wrong with the Standard Library, and if you hear something that really enchants you about the Full Library Mixes, you know what to do!

Best, 
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank You for the feedback. 

OK. I look forward to watching your upcoming demos, and videos to make my decision, and Yes, I can always buy the Standard version first, then upgrade to the Full version if I feel I need the extra mics. 

Cheers,

Muziksculp 

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi David, 

"Synchron Strings Pro" because it really is more than just a second part for Synchron Strings I. 

Synchron Strings Pro is a fresh approach and also contains some articulations from Synchron Strings I, which makes it an independent product AND and upgrade/crossgrade from Synchron Strings I at the same time. 

You are correct about CC2, but that should be done with a click. Hope that's OK for you, we're trying to keep the preset list as lean as possible!

Best,
    Paul

Oh, I see. Thank you Paul!

Best, David

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi David, 

Best,
    Paul

Hi Paul, 

congratulations on this release. This looks and sounds very promising!

I can understand that you packaged it this way to give new users a self-contained library without the problems of SYS I.

However, for owners of SYS I who already have a 300GB block on their disk (iwithout using it so far) it would be great if you could release an improved installer for SYS I, that would only install that content (e.g. additional velocity layers) that is not in SYS pro - or even better let the user choose which content of SYS I should be installed. This is particularly important since some of the best content of SYS I (9 velocity layer shorts or the lyrical vibrato that was previously released to improve it) is apparently not part of the "pro" package.. 

Is this planned?

Cheers

Kai

• Hi Kai, 

Thanks for your post. 

No plans to repackage Synchron Strings I so far, but we will be listening to the reactions of our users.
    We also don't want to make this more confusing. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul,

Quick question: will the cross grade price from SS1 still be 145€ after the introductory offer expires?

I will for sure upgrade, but might need to wait a little.

Thanks

Best

-m

@Paul said:

Hi everyone!

I’m excited to announce the next generation of sampled string ensembles: Synchron Strings Pro!

• Many newly recorded articulations, including different kinds of shorts, detachés with flexible release samples - perfectly matching your performance!
    • Longs and legatos with an incredible variety in musical expression plus Vibrato Control with optional soft release and attack sounds.
    • PORTAMENTO :-))))
    • Different dynamics, tremolos, trills, pizzicatos, harmonics, and even a great selection of ponticello articulations!

INTRO PRICING: 

Standard Library: 295 € (reg: 445€)
    Full Library: 520 € (reg: 740€)

CROSSGRADE from Synchron Strings I: 145 € / 250 € (Standard / Full Library)

Detailed samples, authentic note transitions from real-life performances, variations and flexibility - these strings will perform almost everything that you throw at them 😊

As always, Synchron Strings Pro was recorded with multiple mic positions and comes with great mixer presets, to give you full flexibility with your string sound.

Check out the audio demos and videos (more are in the pipeline). 

Best,
    Paul

• Again, I admire VSL's ability to pause, listen, and reboot this library.

I'll just add this one thing: €145 for the owners of the first iteration feels steep. It's certainly the most expensive library update—the way I honestly see it—I've had to consider. If Synchron Strings I had proven practical, Synchron Strings Pro wouldn't have been released. I feel it should be offered for less to those who originally paid for a library that they will not use again, which certainly is my case.

Keep up the great work

• last edited
    last edited

I have to agree with that 100%

@9u10m said:

Again, I admire VSL's ability to pause, listen, and reboot this library.

I'll just add this one thing: €145 for the owners of the first iteration feels steep. It's certainly the most expensive library update—the way I honestly see it—I've had to consider. If Synchron Strings I had proven practical, Synchron Strings Pro wouldn't have been released. I feel it should be offered for less to those who originally paid for a library that they will not use again, which certainly is my case.

Keep up the great work

• last edited
    last edited

@9u10m said:

Again, I admire VSL's ability to pause, listen, and reboot this library.

Keep up the great work

But apart from some articulations like pizzicato, it's a new library. So, paying half the price for this library is a good deal IMO. And VSL has offered free updates (Cantabile) for Synchron Strings I.

Best, David

• Right. But it still all comes down to the same conclusion: Synchron Strings Pro is only a thing because Synchron Strings I ended up a failure. No one will buy it now, and rightly so. Early adopters did, and will not use it anymore. Pretending otherwise would be fallacious in my opinion.

I'm thrilled that VSL took the time to make things right. Where does that leave said early adopters, though? With the need to buy two libraries in order to take advantage of a product that actually makes sense in the otherwise superb Synchron line.

I think €145 is a hefty price to pay on top of a first purchase that won't find any more use in the future. I'm sure the VSL team can understand that.

• last edited
    last edited

@9u10m said:

Right. But it still all comes down to the same conclusion: Synchron Strings Pro is only a thing because Synchron Strings I ended up a failure. No one will buy it now, and rightly so. Early adopters did, and will not use it anymore. Pretending otherwise would be fallacious in my opinion.

Hi, I don't want to interfere in the discussion about the money, but there is one thing I have to say: it is not true that nobody will use Synchron Strings 1 anymore. There are people (I can't say how much, I can't count them of course), who appreciate all the good things of Synchron Strings 1 and use it with pleasure (and I'm one of them). 

• last edited
    last edited

@9u10m said:

Right. But it still all comes down to the same conclusion: Synchron Strings Pro is only a thing because Synchron Strings I ended up a failure. No one will buy it now, and rightly so. Early adopters did, and will not use it anymore. Pretending otherwise would be fallacious in my opinion.

Hi, I don't want to interfere in the discussion about the money, but there is one thing I have to say: it is not true that nobody will use Synchron Strings 1 anymore. There are people (I can't say how much, I can't count them of course), who appreciate all the good things of Synchron Strings 1 and use it with pleasure (and I'm one of them). 

I totally agree. I love Synchron Strings I. I don't have SyS Pro yet, but I'm sure I'll keep using both in the future.

Best, David

• Can you please be more precise? What things in Synchron Strings I will you keep using, that are not already in Synchron Strings Pro?

• last edited
    last edited

@9u10m said:

Can you please be more precise? What things in Synchron Strings I will you keep using, that are not already in Synchron Strings Pro?

Well, for example, there are much more dynamic layers in SyS I. So, it's very useful for very expressive passages. And I really love the soft sustain and legato patches. So, I think I'll still use them. As I said, I don't have SyS Pro yet, but I'll tell you more when I get the library. And as another example, even though I own SYNCHRON-ized Chamber Strings, I still use VI Chamber Strings I. Both libraries bring something different. I guess it will be the same thing with SyS I and SyS Pro.

Best, David

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

Well, for example, there are much more dynamic layers in SyS I. So, it's very useful for very expressive passages. And I really love the soft sustain and legato patches. So, I think I'll still use them. As I said, I don't have SyS Pro yet, but I'll tell you more when I get the library. And as another example, even though I own SYNCHRON-ized Chamber Strings, I still use VI Chamber Strings I. Both libraries bring something different. I guess it will be the same thing with SyS I and SyS Pro.

Best, David

We'll see, then. I'm still willing to bet that a vast majority of early adopters will mainly use SS Pro once they have purchased it, and a vast majority of newcomers will mainly buy SS Pro and not SSI.

What I'm trying to say is SS Pro is a full product, not an extension. If it wasn't meant to kind of replace SSI, then it wouldn't be so exhaustive content wise. That's why I feel previous SSI customers should not have to pay such a steep price for the better working clone.

Best

• Just out of curiosity: Is it known how many velocity layers the Synchron String Pro articulations will have? I couldn't find that information in the description of the product or the sample content list. I find 9 layers a bit of an overkill, but two (like most of the SYNCHRON-ized Instruments I own) can be a bit scarce at times.

• last edited
    last edited

@Sandrew said:

Just out of curiosity: Is it known how many velocity layers the Synchron String Pro articulations will have? I couldn't find that information in the description of the product or the sample content list. I find 9 layers a bit of an overkill, but two (like most of the SYNCHRON-ized Instruments I own) can be a bit scarce at times.

Hi

The number of velocity layers is described precisely for each articulation in the manual of the library.

Best, David

• Oh, ok well I know all i wanted to know now :) Thanks for the quick reply.

I find the demos sound really fantanstic and very expressive btw :)

• Hello Paul,

could you tell us how many velocity layers Synchron Strings Pro comes with?

Mac Studio M1 Ultra macOS Ventura 13.4 Studio One 6.5
  • I totally agree. I am one of the early adaptors who was disappointed with Synchron Strings I and I actually un-installed it and never could use it in my projects. I learned my lesson of not being an early adaptor ever again. My love and trust for the company and its' name made me never question any product they release and with such a company I was willing to buy their libraries instantly without a second thought.

That being said, I am very excited for the new Synchron Pro library but I too find it a steep price to pay for something I should of had with the first Library. How I think about it is if I should buy this new library and pay on top of the price of the original library just to use one of them and feel better that at least I got something in return for my initial investment. I don't think I can do that, it will make the price for me too big to make sense. But what I am hearing from this new library is tempting me.

Thanks