Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,376 users have contributed to 42,222 threads and 254,772 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Hi

It seems that we don't have Sibelius presets in synchron like in VIP...and the VIP Sibelius presets does not work in Synchron...so there are some issues when the score is playing (e.g. wrong articulations etc...)

What is the trick?

Best

Thx

• Another issue for me:

Whan i have a VEP7 instance with 16 channels mixed with WW, BW and strings, all the strings don't play...

An idea?

Thx

• Hello tousroud!

The sound sets for the Synchron Player collections work with the factory presets. So no dedicated Sibelius presets are needed.

It can have different reasons why articulations don't switch as supposed. Please check the Sibelius instruments in your score and your Sibelius playback configuration. Further help can be found in the Troubleshooting chapter of the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback" manual.
    https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Notation_Related

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • the steps necessary to get things to work seems too convoluted and cumbersome. regarding sound sets and Sibelius.I can't get the cells activated.. dont like having to be online to get an app to work either.

• Hello scrimdy!

I'm sorry to read that you are having difficulties.
    It's not necessary to be online to work with our software.

You can find our Sibelius Integration tutorial at the following link:
    https://www.vsl.info/en/tutorials/guides/sibelius-integration/introduction

If you need more help, please send an e-mail to support@vsl.co.at and describe in detail what you have done and what doesn't work for you. Screenshots will help us to help you.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • This might be an ok thread for a general observation concerning VSL and Sibelius set-ups for the older VI versus Synchronized libraries. Switching playback between anything VI and anything Synchron(ized) in a Sibelius score  is actually very time-consuming and therefore carries a strong disincentive to do this. I have most of the older Special Edition and some of the Synchronized one, but have not really used the latter for this reason. It's unlikely I would buy any more Synchron samples because of this set-up issue.

I know much of this is not a VSL problem but Avid / Sibelius. From time to time posters have wished for VSL to design their own notation playback software to improve integration for playback. A lot of work, I know, and it has always been said to be unlikely. But the development of the two library groups (VI / Synchron) is a further reason why it remains desirable. 

• Hello Oceanview!

It shouldn't be more complicated to combine VI, SYNCHRON-ized and Synchron libraries in one Sibelius playback configuration, than combining several VI collections. I wouldn't combine VI Special Editions with SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions though. If you have any concrete problems, you can always reach out to support@vsl.co.at

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Andi,

Thanks for your comment. I wasn't thinking of combining the libraries, but what happens with Sibelius when going from a score which was all VI to the same set up for Synchron or Synchronized. Different soundset, staves and then making the articulations / dynamics, etc match. This does seem time-consuming, so for the moment I'm sticking with the VI libraries.

• Hello Oceanview!

I see. For old projects, I would probably stick with the original libraries, they have been made with, too. That wouldn't hinder me from using Synchron and SYNCHRON-ized libraries with new projects though. ;-)

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library