Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,503 users have contributed to 42,234 threads and 254,821 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Paul,

Yes you are right. Mixing the Synchron strings with older libraries using the portamentos sounds great.

This works best when you use the VI Version (Lots of VI library sample choices) of Synchron I strings (close mic). You can make wonderful sounding matrixes using VI Pro (and MIR giving multiple rooms). While the Syncronized string library versions have less choices of samples.....and you only have 1 room choice. 

Thank you,

Eloy

• last edited
    last edited

The cantabile patches sound beautiful in the demos! Much respect.

I have a question, one that someone who has experience using the library hopefully has an answer to:

Are there any clips or demos of how the new standard legato transitions sound, specifically the fast variants?

I ask because ambient library legatos tend to suffer from "ambience phasing" that gets really ugly and mushy during quick runs and passages. SyS, with its shorter tail and tighter sound, doesn't seem to be poised to suffer from the same issue. However, the demos for SyS tend to be either dark and moody, sweeping and emotional, or playful and moderate tempo.

In short, how does the library - with its new updates - fare with lightning quick string parts, such as the ultra fast string passages from Mendelssohn's Midsummer Night's Dream Overture? The smooth ppp dynamics of the library interest me for the potential realization of these kinds of passages...

Thanks!

- Sam

• Update: got it to install by booting the Libraryy Installer app and manually installing it rather than the auto-install that wasn't working in the Download Manager.

Thats good, I can install it now, too.

Good idea ....

• last edited
    last edited

@mailrob said:

Update: got it to install by booting the Libraryy Installer app and manually installing it rather than the auto-install that wasn't working in the Download Manager.

Thats good, I can install it now, too.

Good idea ....

I'm having the same problem.

Can someone walk me through the manual install?  Does that just mean you click the install button instead of having the auto-install box checked?  If that's the case, I'm still getting the same error message.

eLicenser, Vienna Download Manager, etc are all up to date.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Stephen,

It should definity work with the new Download Manager.

Manual installation:

Launch the "SYNCHRON Library Installer" you find in your latest Synchron Player software.

Point it to the "package.info" file in your downloaded sample content, this will start the installation process.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul,

The manual install worked for me, like the others apparently.  But not when following the prompts via the Download Manager.  ðŸ˜Š

• Hi, 

Thanks for the update, that's good news.

Very few troubles like this popping up with the Download Manager, but we'll look into it.

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@mailrob said:

All on my Mac is up to date ....... latest Version of OSX, lates eLicenser-Version, latest Vienna Download Manager-Version .......... 

Me too. Tried it in the order suggested, even tried a delete and download. I get exactly that error message and can't install.

• Hi Spoilsman, 

We're still trying to find out why this happens to only few people. 

Please try this: 

1) Start the SYNCHRON LIBRARY INSTALLER from your SYNCHRON PLAYER applications folder. 

2) Point it to the package.info file in your downloaded installation files.

3) This should start the installation, without any troubles. 

Let me know!

Best,
    Paul

• Hi,

I just downloaded the Cantabile Update, but I'm only seeing the Cantible articulations in the Violas but not in the 2nd Violins or cellos. What do I need to do to get Cantabile's on all four sections?

UPDATE: I've moved sound files (& update files) around on my SSD's and now I get the Cantabile's on everything except 1st Violins! I'll send a private email to Support with the details. I imagine this situation is particular to my setup.

Thanks! And thanks for great products and great service!!! - Jim

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Spoilsman, 

We're still trying to find out why this happens to only few people. 

Please try this: 

1) Start the SYNCHRON LIBRARY INSTALLER from your SYNCHRON PLAYER applications folder. 

2) Point it to the package.info file in your downloaded installation files.

3) This should start the installation, without any troubles. 

Let me know!

Best,
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, that method worked first time. Thank you. 

• last edited
    last edited

Quick Update:

The installation troubles are now also fixed with the latest Vienna Download Manager.

Best,
    Paul

• Because I made a lot of settings in pre-update presets, I want just to add to my presets additional slots with cantabile patches. But there are troubles with current slot controller handling:

in Vi1, for example, slot controller
    for short articulations starts from F2,
    for long articulations starts from E2 (where E2 = Cantabile),
    for legato articulations starts from E2 (where E2 = Cantabile),
    all others - from F2.

Before the current cantabile update, in Vi2 all slots start from F2. If I want to set it to E2 only for Long notes and Legato, all other slots (shorts, tremolo, etc.) also changes to E2. In other words, I can't manually to reproduce same slot controller settings for Vi2 as for Vi1 for shared expression map control. Only by loading new factory presets (but in this case I will lose my settings).. Is it a Player bug? Or there is a way to set controller note for each slot individually?

• last edited
    last edited

@garylionelli said:

Same problem. Everything up to date, but says could not initialize eLicenser. 

I noticed that the last version of E-licenser is buggy for me (VePro does not see it), using a previous version of e-licenser is OK