Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,440 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,796 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Carl said:

If they just started beta testing around the 15th it's no wonder nothing's being discussed.

That date was only when Paul posted here. If I read it right they'd been in beta test earlier than that.

Regardless of it in the beginning, middle, end- if it's in beta they're most likely not going to talk about it until it's ready for release.

• last edited
    last edited

@Carl said:

If they just started beta testing around the 15th it's no wonder nothing's being discussed.

That date was only when Paul posted here. If I read it right they'd been in beta test earlier than that.

Regardless of it in the beginning, middle, end- if it's in beta they're most likely not going to talk about it until it's ready for release.

Well, apart from the fact that they said they'd do exactly the opposite and have consistently told us they'd give us information before release.

• last edited
    last edited

@Carl said:

Well, apart from the fact that they said they'd do exactly the opposite and have consistently told us they'd give us information before release.

so just wait a week or so, they're obviousley not going to

• last edited
    last edited

@DaddyO said:

The VE Pro 7 pre-order announcement came out nearly a month ago. Details were not available at that time but were said to be forthcoming.

I did not wade into the Synchron Strings release, but I did observe the disappointment of those who preordered when it took about six months after that for the Synchron Player to be released (according to my reconstruction based on YouTube video releases). I really hope the VE Pro 7 release does not play out like that.

To be sure, VSL does not want to release information about VEP7 features that are not yet fully and successfully working. I just hope substantial information and release is at most a few weeks away instead of months.

I do not expect that I will feel burned by this information-less pre-order. My history with VSL suggests I will not be disappointed with the product once I get my hands on it. But I hope I'm not still relying on a general confidence a month from now.

Agreed on everything you wrote. Have you purchased the upgrade yet?

I sympathize with the 6 month wait for the Syncron Player. Got one even worse. Back a few years East West announced a majpr update for their then flagship orchestral library. People could pre-order at a frozen price and be assured of being the first to get it. This frozen price was not a discount as such because they said the price might well go up upon release. We were also told it would only be a couple of months. Turned out it was more like 18 months AND they charged our credit cards at time of order. So there is precedent for screwing over customers. Which is why I haven't yet ordered the upgrade (VEPro 6 owner).

There is a precedent for screwing over customers???? Your logic is because East West did something then everyone else should be blamed? Ridiculous.

• last edited
    last edited

@DaddyO said:

The VE Pro 7 pre-order announcement came out nearly a month ago. Details were not available at that time but were said to be forthcoming.

I did not wade into the Synchron Strings release, but I did observe the disappointment of those who preordered when it took about six months after that for the Synchron Player to be released (according to my reconstruction based on YouTube video releases). I really hope the VE Pro 7 release does not play out like that.

To be sure, VSL does not want to release information about VEP7 features that are not yet fully and successfully working. I just hope substantial information and release is at most a few weeks away instead of months.

I do not expect that I will feel burned by this information-less pre-order. My history with VSL suggests I will not be disappointed with the product once I get my hands on it. But I hope I'm not still relying on a general confidence a month from now.

Agreed on everything you wrote. Have you purchased the upgrade yet?

I sympathize with the 6 month wait for the Syncron Player. Got one even worse. Back a few years East West announced a majpr update for their then flagship orchestral library. People could pre-order at a frozen price and be assured of being the first to get it. This frozen price was not a discount as such because they said the price might well go up upon release. We were also told it would only be a couple of months. Turned out it was more like 18 months AND they charged our credit cards at time of order. So there is precedent for screwing over customers. Which is why I haven't yet ordered the upgrade (VEPro 6 owner).

There is a precedent for screwing over customers???? Your logic is because East West did something then everyone else should be blamed? Ridiculous.

Don't know where you got your interpretation of my logic. Never said anyone else should be blamed for anything. Just that not every company respects it's customers. And who's to say Vienna wouldn't do the same thing? They did it with the Syncron player so there's precedent within Vienna itself.

• last edited
    last edited

@Carl said:

so just wait a week or so, they're obviousley not going to

I don't think you're interpreting this right.  VSL have consistently said more information would come before release, and that's important because we have the pre-release discount.  My guess is that its far more likely that the testing phase is taking longer than they'd hoped (as is so often the case with software) and they want to keep their powder dry until they know everything is going to work out.  I'd be staggered if VEP Pro 7 was out by the end of the month.  Delighted to be proven wrong - asuming 7.0 is stable, mind.

• What am I not interpreting? They're not releasing info period, it's as simple as that. It will be ready when it's ready.

I don't recall them saying they would end the pre-sale without announcing the final release date first. I'm sure they'll give you all the info before the pre-sale ends.