Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,820 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,932 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Nick Batzdorf said:

Yes, and Kontakt 2 has 64 MIDI channels. But do you have VSL in Kontakt format? And what about the Performance Tool?

I have the Perf Tool.....and Pro Edition...but I only have it all in GIGA format. I suppose it would be a fortune to change over....but to me it might be worth it....I have nothing but problems with the PC and would be glad to be in all Mac studio again....so this whole thing would work OK??

Tom

• last edited
    last edited

@Nick Batzdorf said:

Yes, and Kontakt 2 has 64 MIDI channels. But do you have VSL in Kontakt format? And what about the Performance Tool?

I have the Perf Tool.....and Pro Edition...but I only have it all in GIGA format. I suppose it would be a fortune to change over....but to me it might be worth it....I have nothing but problems with the PC and would be glad to be in all Mac studio again....so this whole thing would work OK??

Tom

AFAIK there is no Kontact version of most of the VSL library, so you would have to convert it somehow.

DG

• Is there a way to use LOGIC in some kind of standalone mode so that I could use VSL on a Mac that ran the EXS sampler?

TH

• (Uh - double posting)

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Yes, of course. I know several people doing so. Logic acts like a glorified MIDI-rack in this case. There are some things to take care for in this scenario, so make sure to consult all those knowledgable guys in our Logic-Forum before you try.

• a-hah caught you! I knew you were artifically inflating your post count Deitz [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

Is there a way to use LOGIC in some kind of standalone mode so that I could use VSL on a Mac that ran the EXS sampler?

TH

Tom,

That is exactly how I use EXS/Logic. It is essentially serving as dedicated sample playback machine on another Mac. Whatever I need besides what can be loaded into Kontakt within Pro Tools, I load into EXS/Logic on the second machine. Logic is not the most user friendly program around, but this is sort of a "set it and forget it" setup. You don't have to spend too much time learning how to make sense of Logic (making sense of Logic.... making sense of Logic.... making sense of Logic... echo, echo, add heavy reverb [:)] ).

Bill