Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,429 users have contributed to 42,299 threads and 255,074 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 59 new user(s).

• True.

From what you say, it sounds like maybe I should buy an Mbox as a dongle and run PT LE on the G5 just so i can keep up with the software updates.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Whatever works for you [;)] ... I've made the opposite experiences, especially in regard of product support.

/Dietz

Very possible the situation is different in Europe. Over here, I challenge anyone to call Steinberg tech support, Logic support, MOTU support, then Digi, and tell me which one was most helpful. Or should I say....least frustrating[;)]

DSP Bill gave me the hint that my message my be misunderstood (sorry, English is only my third language). I have to point out that I'm _not_ talking about technical support in the sense of people giving you help, but the long time it took DigiDesign to catch up with developments other companies already made in certain aspects of DAW-software. If you are forced to work with several platforms on a daily basis (like I am), you get a good comparison about their possibilities and restraints. And MIDI is one of those aspects.

The Digi-guys I deal with here in central Europe are extremly supportive (i.e. SMM Munich).

But then, the perfect DAW has yet to be built [;)]

/Dietz

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

But then, the perfect DAW has yet to be built [;)]

/Dietz

How right you are! [:D]

Bill

• Hey guys....will KONTAKT run in standalone on the Mac?

In other words, could I use one Mac for PT and another Mac to run KONTAKT with VSL on it? That way I could get rid of the PC (running GiGA) and stay in Mac land....

Thanks
    Tom

• Yes, and Kontakt 2 has 64 MIDI channels. But do you have VSL in Kontakt format? And what about the Performance Tool?

• last edited
    last edited

@Nick Batzdorf said:

Yes, and Kontakt 2 has 64 MIDI channels. But do you have VSL in Kontakt format? And what about the Performance Tool?

I have the Perf Tool.....and Pro Edition...but I only have it all in GIGA format. I suppose it would be a fortune to change over....but to me it might be worth it....I have nothing but problems with the PC and would be glad to be in all Mac studio again....so this whole thing would work OK??

Tom

• last edited
    last edited

@Nick Batzdorf said:

Yes, and Kontakt 2 has 64 MIDI channels. But do you have VSL in Kontakt format? And what about the Performance Tool?

I have the Perf Tool.....and Pro Edition...but I only have it all in GIGA format. I suppose it would be a fortune to change over....but to me it might be worth it....I have nothing but problems with the PC and would be glad to be in all Mac studio again....so this whole thing would work OK??

Tom

AFAIK there is no Kontact version of most of the VSL library, so you would have to convert it somehow.

DG

• Is there a way to use LOGIC in some kind of standalone mode so that I could use VSL on a Mac that ran the EXS sampler?

TH

• (Uh - double posting)

• Yes, of course. I know several people doing so. Logic acts like a glorified MIDI-rack in this case. There are some things to take care for in this scenario, so make sure to consult all those knowledgable guys in our Logic-Forum before you try.

• a-hah caught you! I knew you were artifically inflating your post count Deitz [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

Is there a way to use LOGIC in some kind of standalone mode so that I could use VSL on a Mac that ran the EXS sampler?

TH

Tom,

That is exactly how I use EXS/Logic. It is essentially serving as dedicated sample playback machine on another Mac. Whatever I need besides what can be loaded into Kontakt within Pro Tools, I load into EXS/Logic on the second machine. Logic is not the most user friendly program around, but this is sort of a "set it and forget it" setup. You don't have to spend too much time learning how to make sense of Logic (making sense of Logic.... making sense of Logic.... making sense of Logic... echo, echo, add heavy reverb [:)] ).

Bill