Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,492 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,818 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

3. Synchron Divisi Strings I ... not for all Sections (I think f.ex. Basses will be kept out) but for quite some ...

This is part of the plan! Even if VSL say no. 
    (They want to record a "modern orchestra" and modern orchestras play divisi.)

BTW take a look at the Violas of FX ... they are already devided!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Beat,

Thanks again for the great sharing and insight!

@Another User said:

• Sibelius for the score
    • DAW for the perfect sound

Yes, that's an excellent suggestion but that is exactly where I have problem to position the Synchron Strings library:

- for Sibelius, at least for Strings I, it does not have enough articulations to cover the needs for contemporary music composition.

- for DAW, the sound (at least in its current state) is far from being perfect.

Best,

mobileavatar

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

This is part of the plan! Even if VSL say no. 

Hi LAJ, I really appreciate your optimism!

Prompted by those subgroup close-mics I saw in the walk-thru video, I also thought auto-divisi is possible. That was the reason I started this thread.

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/33171/Dimension Strings Auto Divisi/209112

• last edited
    last edited

@TFIS said:

I know that function. Still no auto divsi. 😊

From p. 9 of the VSL catalog 2016:"...with the optional Vienna Instruments Pro player you may easily create divisi sections with flexible groupings, and with the Polyphonic Legato and Auto Humanization features you’ll get the most out of these string ensembles, for absolutely striking results!"

and p. 8 of the very same catalog: "The auto-divisi mode splits voices, and the tailor-made Humanize Presets let you easily control the performance accuracy in real-time – from subtle tuning and timing variations to heavy cluster effects."

If you disagree with the definition, you should argue with VSL.

If Synchron Player will support even "divisi" at that level (as in VI Pro Player), I will be more than happy.

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/28069/Auto Divisi/182704