Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,493 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,089 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Just to summarize the Subject in my view:

- The Synchron is obviously set up to replace in long term the current VI-products.

- The Synchron Series has just started o be released.

- When the Cube was released we also haven't even had 2nd Violins later we got the Chamberstrings which at that tiime was also understood as part of the answer how to realise smaler Stringssection within the Orchestra for instance for any kind of divisi.

- Synchron Series has already 2nd Violins. But I would not at all be surprised if sooner or later we might also get kind of Synchron Chamber and Solostrings as we have got for the Cube. And at least at that point most of the complaints about "divisi" will probably stop even if I do have ssome doubts if there ever might be something like a Synchron-Dimension Series which reaches  the same level of possible individualisation of the Dimension-Series in the Synchron-acoustic.

So just keep in mind the Synchrroon Series is just beginning and we still have the Dimension series and are able to combine both.

• There is no "auto divisi" in VI.

It doesn't distribute the players to the number of voices played.

•  

I still disagree with "replacement" and I'm sure that the SY-String concept is different fro VI ... and that we will see this even more obvious soon ...

BUT I thought after the FX-release it was pretty clear where the journey goes?!?

Amen, I'm telling you ...

SY STRINGS 1

1. Synchron Strings I
    2. Synchron FX Strings I
    3. Synchron Divisi Strings I ... not for all Sections (I think f.ex. Basses will be kept out) but for quite some

SY STRINGS 2

from here starting with Consordino - concept

At Westlake Pro Stefan Steinbauer spoke about customers costs at Synchron Stage ... 10 K € for 3 hours Strings-play as far as I remember.
    These customers and VSL are of course both highly interested to make the SY-Strings as complete as possible ... as soon as possible.

(And I like it. I hope that VSL keeps continuing with Strings)

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/33171/Dimension Strings Auto Divisi/209112

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

No auto-divisi in Synchron Player at this point. 

Best, 
    Paul

Hi LAJ,

I wish what you predicted is true, but from Paul's earlier tone, I am not sure even the divisi feature is in the road map at this point.

• last edited
    last edited

@TFIS said:

There is no "auto divisi" in VI.

It doesn't distribute the players to the number of voices played.

(Ok excuse me if I do answer perhaps a bit arrogant)

- If a "competitor" sell "2part divisi" it cant be more than to have the ability to use two smaller sections instead of a large one. And that will not make you able to play chords and all Voices will have the amount of Stringplayers this Chord would allow played by one Section. But if you are looking for more try Kirk Hunter as far as I know he has wonderful "scripted Divisi" 🎉. (OK lets stay serious😊

Sorry but in general a stringsection is not divided for someone who is used to play some chords on his midikeyboard but in most cases not more than in two smaller parts of the section. I personally would  not need any "Auto"-Function to program that at all. Imho this "Auto-divisi" seems to be more or less kind of a buzz-word with not that real musical relevance.

In Short: 

Smaller sections for Divisi ? I think that seem to me quite probable sooner or later, 

"Autodivisi" ? who really needs that in real music??

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

3. Synchron Divisi Strings I ... not for all Sections (I think f.ex. Basses will be kept out) but for quite some ...

This is part of the plan! Even if VSL say no. 
    (They want to record a "modern orchestra" and modern orchestras play divisi.)

BTW take a look at the Violas of FX ... they are already devided!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Beat,

Thanks again for the great sharing and insight!

@Another User said:

• Sibelius for the score
    • DAW for the perfect sound

Yes, that's an excellent suggestion but that is exactly where I have problem to position the Synchron Strings library:

- for Sibelius, at least for Strings I, it does not have enough articulations to cover the needs for contemporary music composition.

- for DAW, the sound (at least in its current state) is far from being perfect.

Best,

mobileavatar

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

This is part of the plan! Even if VSL say no. 

Hi LAJ, I really appreciate your optimism!

Prompted by those subgroup close-mics I saw in the walk-thru video, I also thought auto-divisi is possible. That was the reason I started this thread.

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/33171/Dimension Strings Auto Divisi/209112

• last edited
    last edited

@TFIS said:

I know that function. Still no auto divsi. 😊

From p. 9 of the VSL catalog 2016:"...with the optional Vienna Instruments Pro player you may easily create divisi sections with flexible groupings, and with the Polyphonic Legato and Auto Humanization features you’ll get the most out of these string ensembles, for absolutely striking results!"

and p. 8 of the very same catalog: "The auto-divisi mode splits voices, and the tailor-made Humanize Presets let you easily control the performance accuracy in real-time – from subtle tuning and timing variations to heavy cluster effects."

If you disagree with the definition, you should argue with VSL.

If Synchron Player will support even "divisi" at that level (as in VI Pro Player), I will be more than happy.

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/28069/Auto Divisi/182704