Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,133 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,984 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@ZWaves said:

Today, Spitfire Audio anounced their 'new' direction (which has been crafted for the last two years now...)

Spitfire Studio Strings!

Their poster reads as follows:

"An incredibly versatile pro-end dry stage sample library - giving you total control."

I just found that First Recording a user made with the new SSS  (and VSL Winds to me the most convincing part in this piece). I do not want to imagine how sharp the "synth" complains must have been if he posted something like that here 😉

You're reaching, Fail. There has been a ton of negative response (also people calling it synthy) regarding the new Spitfire strings library, including from me. People are not biased against VSL at VI Control's forum. VI is an independent forum, that's the difference. Here the userbase is largely biased towards VSL. And this is VSL's own forum, so why wouldn't they be? If Spitfire had a forum, I am sure it would be mainly SF fans that posted there.

Indeed.

I have been very critical of Synchron Strings, but also think Spitfire's new studio strings is a dud as well. You only have to listen to the demos and read the feedback from people to recognise that.

I actually found most of the demos for Spitfire Studio Strings quite hard to listen to.

Not sure what is happening with this companies, but they seem to be going backwards in terms of realism and sound.