Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,562 users have contributed to 42,746 threads and 257,186 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• HI Bill, 

Thanks for the suggestion, let's see what can be added.

In generel, the same disk space is needed for every microphone (except the mono Decca-Center). 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul, I've just purchased your latest great product: Synchron Piano Yamaha CFX (full library)
    I can't wait to play and use it in my piano solo compositions!
    I would ask you about downloads in MyDownloads: I saw two Download Files:

- Yamaha CFX Stereo Library Download
    - Yamaha CFX Multi Library Download

Do I have to download both of them, right? Is there an order by which I have to install them?
    Thanks a lot in advance as usual for your support!
    Best regards,
    Luca

• Hi. I just installed Synchron CFX Piano.

I am thinking how do I go about using it in MIR?

For example in an orchestral setup as an incidental instrument not a solo instraument, where it might be located somwhere near the back. I am thinking, do I have to turn off the reverb inside the Synchron Player and just use the MIR?

• Hi Luca, 

Also answered your email to support@vsl.co.at.... 

Yes, download both STEREO and MULTI Library Downloads. 

@GdT:

Honestly, I'd try to adjust the room sound to MIR  and work with the reverberation of Synchron Stage. 

If you insist on placing the CFX in MIR, I'd stick to the close microphones and start with the Imperial Presets. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Deleted my previous post as I finally got it into Surround mode.

The stability of the surround piano leaves much to be desired. Brought down (crashes) Cubase 9, Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4, and Logic Pro X (latest).

Finally was able to use Ensemble Pro Surround to host and then start the plugin. This needs more testing and fixes as a plugin.

Also, the documentation (manual) needs to devote a section to surround. There's no screenshots or actual mention of how surround should look so no indication of when it is correctly loaded.  It barely gets a passing mention. (For instance, there are 6 categories of Factory presets in surround vs 3 in stereo (even with the full library))

• last edited
    last edited

Hello everybody,

A new update for the Synchron Pianos software is available for you (1.0.750), with additional features, improved stability and also an updated manual!

Enjoy!

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

A new update for the Synchron Pianos software is available for you (1.0.750), with additional features, improved stability and  also an updated manual!

Enjoy!

Best, 
    Paul

Do I have to uninstall the older version first or do I only downloand the updated version? Thanks.

God Bless,

David

F308, D-274, 280VC, Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial, Vienna Imperial
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

A new update for the Synchron Pianos software is available for you (1.0.750), with additional features, improved stability and  also an updated manual!

Enjoy!

Best, 
    Paul

Do I have to uninstall the older version first or do I only downloand the updated version? Thanks.

God Bless,

David

No, the new installer with automatically uninstall the previous version.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

Enjoy!

Best, 
    Paul

What has changed?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

The changelogs list all changes and features of software updates.

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

The changelogs list all changes and features of software updates.

Best, 
    Paul

Thanks, Paul. I had looked, but missed that. Hidden in plain sight! 😊 

BTW, Syncron CFX is now my go to piano. Playing it from Kawai VCP1.

• Are there any demos that feature the close mics exclusively? My focus is pop, jazz, blues. I am having trouble finding any demos that demonstrate the piano in these settings.

Is the piano not intended for these styles? I would not be using any of the ambient or room mics at all. thank you!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi!

Find a cool software update for the Synchron Pianos Software in your Software Installers

Snappier GUI Switching, improved performance and more!

Changelog is available under Software Manuals, as always ðŸ˜Š

ENJOY!

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Find a cool software update for the Synchron Pianos Software in your Software Installers

Thanks for the update!

How can I determine from the plug-in which version I have installed? I want to be able to confirm the version after installing the update. (I always load from templates in Cubase, with FX chain etc, and not sure if the template versions will be updated).

Thanks,

Lawrence

• Hi, 

The version number is hidden right below the plug-in name, I have attached a screenshot. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

The version number is hidden right below the plug-in name, I have attached a screenshot. 

Thanks, Paul. 

I have installed the update, and and discovered that instances of the plugin in Cubase templates were also updated.

PS - I recently finished exporting a project (full album) and am now wondering if I should re-export (render) using 1.0.835? (I was using 1.0.750).

The bullet point "Fixed: Some notes having an unnatural fade in" has left me wondering about this. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Melodialworks said:

The bullet point "Fixed: Some notes having an unnatural fade in" has left me wondering about this. 

Those were on some notes in the C3-B4 range.  Very subtle issue with the transient.

• Hi Melodialworks, 

Personally, I'd export all pieces again, although the difference might be hard to spot (depending on the music). 

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

Just wanted to send a word of thanks for your CFX Video Walkthrough (and all of your past product sessions!). They're a joy to watch, and have always been so helpful! 

Cheers,

Laurent 

• Hi Laurent, 

That's very kind of you, thanks! 

Glad you like the videos!

Best, 
    Paul