Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,584 users have contributed to 42,242 threads and 254,861 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• A question about tuning : in fact, I can’t play the Imperial because of the E6, Eb6 and F6 keys (a bit low for me).

A good way to avoid that kind of problem would be to let us tune each keys independently (and build all scales presets we want...), but maybe the player engine can’t do that.

Is it already possible ? Or is it planed ?

Or is it just impossible due to the player engine structure ?

Regards

Gabriel Plalame

• Two things:

• Please update the purchase, license, download & install software. I'm aware this ain't easy for the distribution of such large libraries, might need some distributed network nodes.
    • Please upload pop, rock and alternative styled demos as well. I'm not really the jazz or classical guy. Tastes vary.

Thanks, best regards,
    Marky

• The Download Manager was updated last week. What problems are you have with purchase and license?

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Is Yamaha CFX a problem in HDD?

When installed in HDD, playing quickly with multichannel causes irregular playing loop.
    The CPU is using less than 10%.
    There is no problem with the solo channel.

Also,Part of the sound is interrupted if you use the sustain pedal to play quickly. (Ver 1.0.464)

It is used with VEP6 + CFX.

*This sentence is a google translation.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

You will want to use Synchron Pianos with a SSD drive.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hello,

Could you explain in detail how the half pedal control affects the playing?,
    It would be great to be able to adjust the re-pedaling

For the rest, the piano is amazing!!!, very dynamics,
    I forget that it is a VST for authenticity, control and feeling with the keyboard.

Congratulations VSL Team!!!

• Paul, what's the rational behind the stage placment? I've never seen a pinao there...

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • I thought there would be more praise in this thread already :)

Everything that follows is my own impression, of course. But it's a strong impression. The new piano is incredible. I tried a few factory presets so far, and here's a few more specific observations based on "player" preset.

1) It gives a feeling of the piano rather than the grand piano, somehow. I'm comparing to the Vienna Imperial, where every sound is indeed "grand". See the disclaimer above. I'd describe the sound as "fluid", probably because of this new release samples technology. Certain "ringing" quality of some Vienna IMperial rekease samples is also not noticeable, at least on the low velocity notes, where it was apparent.

2) I didn´t notice the "usual" noticeable resonance at 200-250 Hz, which is present in Vienna Imperial "close mic" patches and often requires EQ-ing. Everything sounds just perfect with no extra effort on my part. I auditioned every mic separately.

3) One definitely needs SSD for this beast (this was mentioned already, just emphasizing). The number of samples just overwhelms my poor hard drive. Need to re-structure the files.

4) The player software is ok, but not flawless at the moment. For example, I experienced rather loud glitches sometimes (one time outf 20, roughly) when I was stopping playback (I'm on Cubase). Must be something with those release samples, again.

Verdict: for the price it's quite phenomenal. Well, It's phenomenal without its price, just adding that as an argument.

• last edited
    last edited

• "Fixed: Default frequencies for keys off by one note in EDIT view"

Sorry, but that's not fixed.  When you first fire it up, indeed the default frequencies are now okay.  But as soon as any samples are loaded, the default frequencies in the EDIT view are once again off by one note.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi, 

Well observed, thanks for your input! Will be fixed with the next version, then ðŸ˜Š

Best, 
    Paul

• Does the Synchron CFX support different temperaments, e.g. equal, stretch, etc.?

Thanks.

• Hi mobileavatar, 

No tuning options in there (yet). Hope we can add this option later, but I can't promise that. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi mobileavatar, 

No tuning options in there (yet). Hope we can add this option later, but I can't promise that. 

Best, 
    Paul

Thanks for the prompt reply, Paul!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

Synchron Player 1.0.582 is available!

Find the changelog right here (@mobileavatar: tuning feature is also in now ðŸ˜Š). 

Best, 
    Paul

• Congratulations for beautiful piano Paul, updates are excellent, but even after this update (1.0.582), there are still bugs with half pedal and sustain from time to time. Notes just stops in the middle of playing, not often but sometimes. 

• Hi again slobajudge, 

Please contact us with some examples (as mp3 and sequencer projects), so we can investigate:support@vsl.co.at

The better you can isolate the troubles you see (few notes), the faster the fix. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Will there be an update to adjust the sample release length? The piano sounds great, but it’s not dry enough for me even with all reverb turned off and using only Close Mic 1.

• Hi krismiller, 

Working on a good solution there. Will take a little more time, as I see it right now. 

Best, 
    Paul

• A suggestion for the Synchron Library Installer would be to have the disk space required by each of the Mic posisions shown in the Mic Selection screen.