Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,925 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• Just watched the video.

Did that guy in the first row cover his ears through the presentation? :D

I hope we'll get some more videos with better sound.

• last edited
    last edited

@mmueller said:

Just watched the video.

Did that guy in the first row cover his ears through the presentation? 😄

I hope we'll get some more videos with better sound.

I was there, 2nd row center (just off camera) and in my opinion it was much too loud most of the time.

The video screen is gorgeous live but brutally washed on camera. Surprising as I noticed Leica lenses on their very nice cameras.

Westlake should release editied pieces of the presentation soon including better audio.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi guys, 

Westlake Pro has also captured my screen during presentation and will most probably upload a better version of the presentation.

There will be more videos with more details from me, but it will take some more time. 

Glad to see that you are as excited as we are ðŸ˜Š

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Paul & Steffan,

It was a pleasure to have finally met you all. You were each very generous with your time and frankly, treated me like a king.

Steffan, Thanks for the great conversation and the (Vienna Pro) T-Shirt and Lanyard.

Paul, Thanks for allowing me access during set up. Enjoyed your presentation. Absolutley loved the Synchron Player, and as you said "Better to keep the player's launch date conservative."

Shout out to Martin who is NEVER in the chatroom.... It was nice meeting you as well.

As always... Greetings from Hollywood.

Mike B.

• When will the timbre library be released?

• Hi, 

What is a timbre library?

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

What is a timbre library?

Best, 
    Paul

Complete Synchron Strings I.???????????????

• Hi, 

Thanks. Second violins and violas will be completed in the middle of February, then the double basses will follow a few weeks later (=asap). 

Best, 
    Paul

• Thank you very much

• Hi Paul

Will it be possible to change the background colors of the Synchron Player ? I'm visually impaired and the actual colors are too bright for me. With VI Pro, I'm able to invert the colors thanks to Apple's accessibility tools and it works really well. But I've tried to do the same thing with the picture of the Synchron Player in the new catalog but it doesn't really work. So that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

Kind regards

David

• Hi David, 

The background color is actually depnding on a picture you can load... without a bacground picture, the "naked" player is grey. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Great! Thank you very much.

Best,

David

• Currently the multimicrophone setup, which makes Synchron-Series interesting for its detailed mixable real acoustic, makes it a bit tedious to change settings in the single VI- which just plays back one microphoneposition of an articulation. Yes I can put all microphone positions on the same midichannel and let them work parallel triggered by the same signal as far as I do not change any of the presetsettings in any of that single players.

When ever I would decide to change any player settings generally and not triggered by an midisignal for instance the general releastime, things will be multiplicated by the amount of microphone positions in use. I am (at least when working with the regular VI) forced to change every setting for every patch in every microphone position again. which seems to me very tedious and redundant in short not very userfriendly. I hope you already realised that problem and found an answer in the synchron-player to come.

So here is my question:

Will the Synchronplayer allow it to change any Playersetting likewise "synchron" for all microphonepositions in use?

If not this would be a feauture your software developer should definitly think about.

• Hi, 

Settings applied to a cell will be applied to all further cells in the following tree-branch structure. 

Best, 
    Paul

• I am not sure if you understood my question right.

What you said seems to me already the case with the current VI-Player. Nevertheless I do have currently very large and complex VE-Project-Presets with own VI's for each microphoneposition of an "Instrument" to cover and controle the multimicrophonesetup of the  Synchron series.

For pure the Articulationsselection this is not the problem, since all seperate VI-players can be controled parallel with the same midisignals since the different articulation are always in the same cellposition.

However if I would like to raise the release time for the first Violins I have to raise it at least as often as much different microphoneposition are in use what means for the Full-Library Sur-Stereo Setup I must change thge same setting 7 times. and If i would like to raise it in alll strings (1 Vl, 2, Vl Vla, Vc Kb) I have to do this 35 times just for a little general increase of the release time. This is redundant.

It would be much more  comfortable If I could do my settings per instrument and would not be forced to repeat them per microphoneposition. But that would mean, that part of the very complex VE-Synchron-Series-Presets must be integrated in the player, so that the user does handle just the 1. Violins if he want to chnage any Playersetting  for the first Violins and is not forced to repeat all he wants to do always for each further Microphoneposition.

You know that most other multimicrophone-Samplelibraries do have the Microphonemix as part of the instrumentpatch intergretated in their player. I just ask if (and hope that) you have thought about that to for your new Synchronplayer since the Luxury of the Amount of mixable Synchronseries Microphonepositions deserves a userfriendly non redundant handling.

• Maybe it's easier if you'll use different slots for the mic positions instead of vipro instances?

• last edited
    last edited

As far as I understand, the mixer in VI does apply currently only for the certain cell where you layer patches with slots.

Since you presumably want to use several different cells with different articulations and each one likewise with multiple slots for all used microphonepositions, this would be even much more tedious, since you would have to do your microphone-mix for each cell in your player seperat. for the Synchronseries Violin 1 Preset this would mean doing exactly the same mix 192 times for each of the 48 Cells in each of the 4 Matrices. -   Sorry thats even much worser.

VI is great to go in and tweak Details. What is needed are possibilities to integrate, what means, to do Player settings and Mixes intended for a certain entity (Instrument or Section) that apply on all parts of one musical entity without the necessity to repeat settings or mixes which are musically inteded for the same thing and technically only apply to parts and details of the whole let it be the set of different articulations which makes a certain Instrument or section, or the different microphonepositions from which that instrument or section was recorded.

In so far I do like the Concept of the Synchonpercussion VePro-Projekt, where based on a complex Bus-Structure you can finally even cotrole the mix of the seven different available microphonepositions globally for all Instruments.

That's the spirit: keep together what belongs together 😃

So please care for the best possible integration of settings and mixes to avoid as much avoidabkle repetition for the User. Again this is what I ask for siince it is necessary.

• You can sync the mixer settings (p.61 in the (german) manual)).

• OK, thats a good hint.

That seem to make possible what we usually find in the UI of other competitors which usually mix their microphone positions inside their players.. 

But than I do not understand the necessity for the pretty complex VE-Pro-Syn-IFull to Stereo Project.

Why than don't they program VI-Synchron-String Presets with all microphonepositions of one Section mixed already inside each single Cell synchronized for all cells of a player-instance.

This will spare one level of busses in VE and keep it easier for the User: one Instrument/Section = one Player

So please provide us Playerpresets which mix the microphonepositions syncronised inside the instance of a player.

(For those who must keep an eye on their RAM-resources it might be perhaps useful, if one would have than another option to enable and disable slots in a likewise syncronisable way.)

• Hi, 

Did you check the ROOM-MIX presets yet? You will find one slot filled with the MID mic (as a close mic) and the other with a ready-made mix of ALL available room mics. 

Placing all mics in one VI / PRO player will max out the streaming possibilities too quickly. 

Best, 
    Paul