Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,263 users have contributed to 42,390 threads and 255,476 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 24 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Last four days for a November relase coming up. Time is really running short for the early bird offer, and there still are no demos, no further informations, and no official word about the progress. I start to get the feeling that the library will not be released next week, even though the homepage still states 'official release in November'.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dominique said:

Last four days for a November relase coming up. Time is really running short for the early bird offer, and there still are no demos, no further informations, and no official word about the progress. I start to get the feeling that the library will not be released next week, even though the homepage still states 'official release in November'.

+1😔

• +111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

• last edited
    last edited

On the front page it now says -

"Synchron Strings I will be available in December, 2017."

What?

That has kind off pee'd me off. I order it last week on the promise it was coming this month..

• Hello everybody!

So our web-admin was faster than me, and forgot to tell me about the update on the front page. Sorry about that, we did not want to annoy you. 

We actually wanted to express how much we appreciate the excitement, your friendliness and also the professional discussions, before we can finally give you a status update. We are thrilled to see how many of you already went for the Early Bird Offer, and that makes us want to fulfill the high expectations we all have for this product even more!

We are sorry for the long silence, and everybody here worked very hard to avoid this announcement, but we do need more time to take the last steps from great to outstanding.

As soon as the first parts of Synchron Strings I are completed, we’ll make them available to you.
    This will be in December, at the earliest possible date, you will definitely be ready for a great-sounding 2018! 

We’ll continue the current Early Bird Pricing for the time being, and we’ll keep you in the loop regarding release schedule, pricing and of course demos. 

THANK YOU for your trust in us!

Paul and your team in Vienna

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody!

So our web-admin was faster than me, and forgot to tell me about the update on the front page. Sorry about that, we did not want to annoy you. 

We actually wanted to express how much we appreciate the excitement, your friendliness and also the professional discussions, before we can finally give you a status update. We are thrilled to see how many of you already went for the Early Bird Offer, and that makes us want to fulfill the high expectations we all have for this product even more!

We are sorry for the long silence, and everybody here worked very hard to avoid this announcement, but we do need more time to take the last steps from great to outstanding.

As soon as the first parts of Synchron Strings I are completed, we’ll make them available to you.
    This will be in December, at the earliest possible date, you will definitely be ready for a great-sounding 2018! 

We’ll continue the current Early Bird Pricing for the time being, and we’ll keep you in the loop regarding release schedule, pricing and of course demos. 

THANK YOU for your trust in us!

So you get people to pay for the product already promising a November release and now it is only going to be December, and even then in bits and bobs "as it becomes available"?

I totally understand that you want it to be the best it can be, but suddenly changing the release date and schedule quite a bit , 3 days from the end of November is very frustrating and i'm guessing you must have known for quite some time that November was not going to happen.

I wish i had waited now having bought it last week 😕

• Hello Paul, thank you for the update. Take your time ... and finish the product "relaxed" :) Best Lars

• last edited
    last edited

@Eptesicus said:

So you get people to pay for the product already promising a November release and now it is only going to be December, and even then in bits and bobs "as it becomes available"? I totally understand that you want it to be the best it can be, but suddenly changing the release date and schedule quite a bit , 3 days from the end of November is very frustrating and i'm guessing you must have known for quite some time that November was not going to happen. I wish i had waited now having bought it last week :/
    This happened to many great products this year. Real Guitar 5 was announced in may! Release was about 1-2 months ago. Competitor EW announced 2 Big Voices-Products coming "this Fall" ... Both missed "Fall" and are still not released yet (although one has a clear Releasedate now). This shows how hard it is to finish these kind of products for everybody.

• last edited
    last edited

@Eptesicus said:

So you get people to pay for the product already promising a November release and now it is only going to be December, and even then in bits and bobs "as it becomes available"? I totally understand that you want it to be the best it can be, but suddenly changing the release date and schedule quite a bit , 3 days from the end of November is very frustrating and i'm guessing you must have known for quite some time that November was not going to happen. I wish i had waited now having bought it last week :/
    This happened to many great products this year. Real Guitar 5 was announced in may! Release was about 1-2 months ago. Competitor EW announced 2 Big Voices-Products coming "this Fall" ... Both missed "Fall" and are still not released yet (although one has a clear Releasedate now). This shows how hard it is to finish these kind of products for everybody.

I agree, it happens. However, having got essentially to the end of November with no word of a delay whilst people are still buying it expecting a November release, it is frustrating to be suddenly told it will be December and even then in just dribs and drabs with no firm dates.

This is the first time i have pre-ordered a sample library, and will now probably be the last time!

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hmmm.... Does this mean that we shouldn't expect the full release of this library in Dec. , but rather some parts of it, and possibly a Jan. release of the remaining parts. i.e. Violins, and Cellos in Dec., Violas, and Basses in Jan. ? 

• Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. This can't be Dimension Strings all over again.

As I recall the year was 2012, September in fact.

Some of us were able to jump in right away. Others however, had an accurate need to know how long the special would last. They were told no longer than first quarter 2013. So they scrambled to find a way to make the purchase whether it was in their best financial interest or not...

The idea was that we "early birds" would enjoy a sizable discount, receive are Violins right away, and the rest of the strings as they became available. (DISASTER)

VSL did not have the servers then, they have now. Violins took 3 days to download. The second piece, Cellos, arrived (9 months later, in June 2013). Yes they were easy to download but that early bird special... Was still going on. 

Violas arrived (6 months after that, in January 2014). Sadly, the so called early bird special turned out to not be so special afterall, as it had not yet expired.

Finally the Basses came online July 2014 (7 months after Violas, 11months after Cellos, and nearly 2 years after Violins).

I am convinced we won't go through that again. But I purchased week one then and I've purchased week one now. I don't enjoy spending money before I have too.

As always, Greetings from Hollywood.

Mike B.

• Glad I we didn't jump straight away :D

• Paul,

Thanks for your and the team"s dilligence on the new library.  I already bought the library but am perfectly happy

to wait til it meets your standards.  Thanks for all the cutting edge things you do!

• last edited
    last edited

Like Dimension Strings, I'm sure that Synchron Strings will be worth every dollar and every day of waiting. Better to get it right than get it fast. Yep, bought it already, in October 👍. 

Maybe VSL could email us early purchasers some good 🍺 while we wait ...

Cheers,

Craig

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Could you tell us when we'll get the full product we've paid for? I was expecting it any day, but I'm now being told that some bits will come in December, and then the full product will be some time in 2018. That's very disappointing indeed. It won't be fully useable for a long time. And that leaves me wondering whether we're talking about six months or longer to get what we've already paid for.

I understand that you've not got the product up to standard yet, but maybe you should have waited until it was working before trying to sell it to us.

• Personally, I consider things like this to be first world problems.  I'm not a pro composer and if I were, chances are I'd already have a nice library of tools to create my music with so it's not as if a delayed release would be holding me back from my work or my passion for music.  I'm glad they're making sure it's right before releasing it because it sucks to  be excited about a new product and then have it crash my PT sessions or lock up etc when I install it.  

All that being said, as a customer, I believe that Vienna did give us a release date which was entirely their decision and gladly accepted people's money from the early bird discount so I think it would show good customer service to do one of the following:

-Not charge people's credit cards until it's actually released

-Include some extra articulations or goodies of some sort when it is released 

-Offer some sort of additional discount for customers who paid in advance and did not recieve the product they paid for when it was advertised to be released....especially if it is going to be released in bits and pieces over x amount of time.  

I'm not upset about this news, nor do I feel it's holding me back in some way, but when a company fails to deliver a product when they've committed to do so AND happily accepted the customers' money, a good company with a strong committment to customer service should feel some burden to make things "right" with the customers who bought the product in good faith.  I can say this with great experience because I'm a UPS driver and some people get absolutely irate when they don't get their package on time.  If someone pays for next day air service and we don't get it there on time due to our mistake, it's free.  I'm not saying anyone should expect Synchron strings for free at this point, but that's just an example of a company trying to make things right when they've missed a committment.

.....here's where everyone tears me apart with their horror stories about UPS.  :)

We will all live to create music another day and I'm sure it will be a great product once it's released....whenever that is.

cheers,

Steve

• last edited
    last edited

@guittarzzan said:

Personally, I consider things like this to be first world problems.  

Everything we have to deal with is a first world problem. Making electronic music is a first world problem. Working as a composer and paying off your mortgage is a first world problem. We live in the first world. I don't see how pointing that out makes any difference at all.

• "first parts of Synchron Strings I", that phrase needs clarification.

• YesYesYes

• Hello,

Will the 1+1=3 offer be extended too in December ?

@guittarzzan : when we take advantage of the early bird offer, we are not naive, we accept risks (delayed release, bad product...), nobody forces us to pay. It's the game, and even if I agree with you that it's a weird/bad game, we know rules...

We are ready to blindly pay several hundred euros because :

• The early bird offer is attractive (even more with the 1+1=3)
    • Promises of Synchron Strings are very exciting
    • We trust you. And you just proved once again we are right to trust you, in accepting to delay the release to make it good (unlike too many software producers)

But still, even if we accept the rules of the early bird game, it’s not pleasant at all for us. I will probably pre-order in the next days if I don't have answer concerning the 1+1=3 offer in december, but I already know it will bring me more worry than joy… Trust has limits.

So, please, could you answer at least few questions of this thread, to be not so blind ? Specially concerning the expected articulations in Synchron Strings II, III… : if Synchron Strings is planned to never have harmonics, sul ponticello, or some modern articulations or effects like in Spitfire LCO, its interest is poor to my eyes (but I say that without the demos, maybe a very good legato, finally !, will worth the money).

Thanks,

Matthieu

PS : your webmaster forgot some “November”s (1+1=3 offer page, and Synchron Strings I page)