Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,618 users have contributed to 42,399 threads and 255,543 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• Hi Steffen, 

Happy that you're happy!

We have really learned our lesson about announcements with Synchron Strings I, so this is just my personal estimation and NOT binding.

1) As soon as possible. Editing those legatos is a pretty monstrous task, but I am guessing February. 

2) I will be showing the Synchron Player at NAMM Show, and there should be videos available before that. Can't give you a release date just yet. 

3) Problems will occur only with insane tutti chords and the FULL Library with all mics open. 

Ways to optimize streaming performance, also mentioned in the videos and the Setup Guide:

- Use the ROOM-Mix Presets to compose, then switch to the Ensemble Projects for mixing
    - OR mute some channels you don't need in the VE Projects and add them for mixing
    - Don't use Velocity XFade if not necessary
    - maybe deactivate Release Samples for composing
    - use the dynamic matrices when using Velocity XFade. 

4) The Synchron Player has a new approach of organizing samples and some great new features that I will explain with examples as soon as possible. But regarding streaming we are "stuck" with the technical possibilities. 

Happy holidays! 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@christof said:

Maybe my programming wasn't good enough.

What's this weird violins pan things @1'50" ? 1st are moving from quite left to center...

• Will Synchron Strings II be a Con Sordino update or more articulations/dynamics/legato/vibrato styles?

• last edited
    last edited

@hakan.glante said:

Will Synchron Strings II be a Con Sordino update or more articulations/dynamics/legato/vibrato styles?

If you look at Solo, Chamber and Dimensionstrings it has at least been hitherto a VSL-Concept to provide nearly  a full set of Articulations in sordinoversion as Volume II. Nevertheless this time there seem to miss at least also some more "experimental" patches, like Sul pont and Harmonics which were hitherto always covered by former VSL-Libraries.

So my personal guess would be, that a SynchronStrings II would primarily cover those types of articulations. Meanwhile it seems to me that the Legatos and Dynamics and Vibratos are already in Synchron Strings I with a bunch of variations and their combinations quite well represented. So let us explore what is already there first before asking for more.

• VSL support answers me one hour after my question on Christmas day!! Brilliant and thank you. 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

We have just uploaded a new version of the Synchron Basses Standard Library (V2).

To avoid unnecessary traffic: You DO NOT need to download this new version if you have already downloaded v1 and applied the quick Library Update.

Hope you all enjoyed your holidays!

Best,
    Paul

• Paul, I think you mean SYNCHRON Strings..:)

• last edited
    last edited

Thanks, you are of course right! Corrected ðŸ˜Š

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Ways to optimize streaming performance, also mentioned in the videos and the Setup Guide:

- Use the ROOM-Mix Presets to compose, then switch to the Ensemble Projects for mixing
    - OR mute some channels you don't need in the VE Projects and add them for mixing
    - Don't use Velocity XFade if not necessary
    - maybe deactivate Release Samples for composing
    - use the dynamic matrices when using Velocity XFade. 

I've found that it helps to reduce the Default Preload size in VIPro settings to the minimum that will work with the piece at hand.  This fixed most of my glitch problems.

An SSD is a must as well.

Michael

• last edited
    last edited

@Tensivity said:

I've found that it helps to reduce the Default Preload size in VIPro settings to the minimum that will work with the piece at hand.  This fixed most of my glitch problems.

Yes of course.But in a former Posting Paul recommended for Synchron-Strings not to use the lowest Preloadsetting but only 8192 to ensure no performance problems with "insane tutti-chords".

With 1536 I would presumably have no problem to load the whole Synchron-series to come. But if I understand Paul right, for not to "insane" regular use 4096 or even 3172 Samples Preload might work aswell.  However his list of alternative performance optimzation is still interesting whenever any hardware resource runs short.

• Hi Paul:

Legato,
    is not as good as I think.
    Is it vipro2 can't do Legato?

• last edited
    last edited

@yilalatavsl said:

Legato,
    is not as good as I think.
    Is it vipro2 can't do Legato?

Have to tried to raise the Relasetime above the default 63? Try something like 70-72.

• Just want to say bravo. I find this new library quite inspiring, and a lot easier to use than dimension strings. I'm a little lazy and it's nice when something sounds great with minimal effort :)

•  Something's wrong with the legato, true. 

• Wait for Synchron Player

• Legato did not reach the ideal effect, still need to be improved!

• Hi VSL,
    thank you for very good short notes in SY Strings! Very sweet!

Best regards,
    Vadim

• last edited
    last edited

@V_ad_im said:

Hi VSL,
    thank you for very good short notes in SY Strings! Very sweet!

Best regards,
    Vadim

Cute example. Which microphoneposition(s) did you used? To me it sounds even a bit to dry, (but I am sure you did not work that much for the mix while you are only testing the agility of the short notes).

• last edited
    last edited

@fahl5 said:

[ Which microphoneposition(s) did you used?

It is RoomMix. Yes, you are right - it was a quick night sketch 😊 In my opinion, additional layered divizi strings needed for escape "one big violin playing" feeling. (VSL DS or LASS or divizi mics from EW HS) For detailed test I need to setup a full template with all CC/keyswitches tuned, so, may be I will waiting for SY Player for it.

• V ad im, nice demo. It showed something of the very good qualities of Synchron Strings 1, absolutely. And a nice piece also. Thank you. And something that surprises me: despite the fact that there is no layering in it, that "big one violin" feeling is not so present in my ears here as it was at earlier demos of string libraries of VSL. Nice to hear that...