Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,615 users have contributed to 42,399 threads and 255,543 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi everybody, 

Filling up the Synchron String I video section a bit, just added a quick walkthrough for the STRINGS Presets!

A video dedicated to Legato is in prepation and will be available next week ðŸ˜Š

Best, 
    Paul

Fantastic sound!  But Paul it looks like you need some well-deserved sleeeeeepppp...

• I'm currently downloading and installing Full libraries, but one problem is that my 2TB SSD is not enough to deal with all of my virtual instruments samples. Only VSL samples occupied almost 700 GB now ! (Strings Complete without Sordinos except Orchestral Strings). Does this mean it's time to get another SSD so that I have total 4TB to manage them ? lol :)

Anyway, Synchron Strings I Full is one of the largest samples in relation to disk space as well as all the other specs.

• Valkyria wrote:

"I'm currently downloading and installing Full libraries, but one problem is that my 2TB SSD is not enough to deal with all of my virtual instruments samples. Only VSL samples occupied almost 700 GB now ! (Strings Complete without Sordinos except Orchestral Strings). Does this mean it's time to get another SSD so that I have total 4TB to manage them ? lol :)"

It's almost always a good idea to spread your sample libraries across multiple SSD's or HDD's

None of which should be your OS (system) drive.

Mike B.

• last edited
    last edited

@Valkyria said:

I'm currently downloading and installing Full libraries, but one problem is that my 2TB SSD is not enough to deal with all of my virtual instruments samples. Only VSL samples occupied almost 700 GB now ! (Strings Complete without Sordinos except Orchestral Strings). Does this mean it's time to get another SSD so that I have total 4TB to manage them ? lol 😊

Anyway, Synchron Strings I Full is one of the largest samples in relation to disk space as well as all the other specs.

I have put my VSL lib on a raid of 4 x SSD 😉 and my other lib also on another raid 0 of 4 x SSD 😉 😉 

I have listen the demo on the Synchron string, I love the long crescendo and long dimiduendo 😉 will those samples be availlable for free for the Full String library users using the VI /VE PRO  and MIR PRO ?

Correct me if I am wrong :

- If you have String 1 and MIR PRO and you dont play live, you do not need the Synchron player 

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@Mike B Studios said:

Valkyria wrote:

"I'm currently downloading and installing Full libraries, but one problem is that my 2TB SSD is not enough to deal with all of my virtual instruments samples. Only VSL samples occupied almost 700 GB now ! (Strings Complete without Sordinos except Orchestral Strings). Does this mean it's time to get another SSD so that I have total 4TB to manage them ? lol :)"

It's almost always a good idea to spread your sample libraries across multiple SSD's or HDD's

None of which should be your OS (system) drive.

Mike B.

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, I meant that I have two 1TB SSD which is physically divided. One for OS, and the other for samples.

After finished installing Full library of Synchron Strings I, I couldn't believe that Synchron Strings ALONE occupied 400 GB. I didn't see it then., but it turned out that I definitely need more SSD since only VSL Strings Complete libraries account for 2/3 of 1TB SSD (780 GB without Sordinos)

Then, is this worth buying another expensive SSD 1TB or more ?

The answer is as follow:

High Stereo / Surround Mic is by far the best sound among all mic positions in Synchron Strings I think.

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril Blanc said:

I have listen the demo on the Synchron string, I love the long crescendo and long dimiduendo 😉 will those samples be availlable for free for the Full String library users using the VI /VE PRO  and MIR PRO ?
    Correct me if I am wrong :

- If you have String 1 and MIR PRO and you dont play live, you do not need the Synchron player  

Best,
    Cyril

Hi Cyril, 

Glad you like it!

1) The STRINGS that I play in the Walkthrough video are available for all users of Synchron Strings I, just the way they sound in the video. 

2) Just to avoid misunderstandings: Synchron Strings I of course do not need MIR PRO, and yes, they also work great with Vienna Instruments. 

Synchron Player will still be a huge improvement regarding the handling and performance of Synchron Strings I. I'll post more information as soon as I can. 

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Folks, Merry Christmas!!!
    A short question. Am I right in setting up the VE Synchron templates with logic by creating a multi timbral track in logic and then routing it into the VE Synchron Template. Can someone please point me to a walkthrough to get this up and running? Many thanks

Laurence

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Laurence,

It's simple:

1) Insert Vienna Ensemble or Vienna Ensemble Pro, and yes, multi-timbral will be helpful.

2) A new instance will open, that's where you load the template of your choice (you can use drag and drop).

General VE PRO videos are available here.

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul,

Merry Christmas VSL:  first let me thank VSL so much to provid us such wonderful new toys under the 2017 Christmastree 😃

Currently I am just testing how to load the Libraries best:

OK with 8192 Preload buffer (as Paul already recommended) I need 46 GB RAM to have all currently available Synchron String + Percussions loaded (and enabled!) .Having in mind that there are still Ram-intensive Legato patches of Violins2 and Violas (Basses?) Sordinos, Woodwinds and Brass missing this would force me to either to start with all cells disabled projects, enabling always only those patches I need or to double once again my hardware-power to keep a complete synchron-Orchestra loaded.

If lower Preloadbuffer sizes (like Preloadbuffer 4096 => 29GB RAM for all Full SynchronStrings+Perc, or Preloadbuffer 3172 => 25 GB ) will ever be reasonable usable with Full Libraries on an i7 7820X (3,6 GHz 16 Threads)- 128GB + 2TB SSD System, I would be not so afraid anymore for the rest of the Synchronseries.

Because I dont want to do projects which I would be able to do much better simply if I had waited one or another day, I would like to know befor I really start to work with it:

1) When do we get the missing Legatos of Violins 2, Violas (and Basses - if there will be some) ?

2) When do we get the Synchron-Player ?

3) How "encouraging" have been the Test-Results with Full Synchron-Libraries running with Preloadbuffer 4096 or 3172 on Systems like that (i7 7820X- 128GB-RAM + 2TB SSDfor Sample-Storage  (+ 1TB System-SSD)) ? Is it completly unrealistic or just more or less a bit in danger to get problems with "insane Tutti-Chords" ?

4) Does the Synchronplayer bring any further Performance or RAM-economic advantages?

hope you do have nice Holydays but nevertheless perhaps will find still a moment for a short answer to my questions.

best

Steffen

• Hi Steffen, 

Happy that you're happy!

We have really learned our lesson about announcements with Synchron Strings I, so this is just my personal estimation and NOT binding.

1) As soon as possible. Editing those legatos is a pretty monstrous task, but I am guessing February. 

2) I will be showing the Synchron Player at NAMM Show, and there should be videos available before that. Can't give you a release date just yet. 

3) Problems will occur only with insane tutti chords and the FULL Library with all mics open. 

Ways to optimize streaming performance, also mentioned in the videos and the Setup Guide:

- Use the ROOM-Mix Presets to compose, then switch to the Ensemble Projects for mixing
    - OR mute some channels you don't need in the VE Projects and add them for mixing
    - Don't use Velocity XFade if not necessary
    - maybe deactivate Release Samples for composing
    - use the dynamic matrices when using Velocity XFade. 

4) The Synchron Player has a new approach of organizing samples and some great new features that I will explain with examples as soon as possible. But regarding streaming we are "stuck" with the technical possibilities. 

Happy holidays! 

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@christof said:

Maybe my programming wasn't good enough.

What's this weird violins pan things @1'50" ? 1st are moving from quite left to center...

• Will Synchron Strings II be a Con Sordino update or more articulations/dynamics/legato/vibrato styles?

• last edited
    last edited

@hakan.glante said:

Will Synchron Strings II be a Con Sordino update or more articulations/dynamics/legato/vibrato styles?

If you look at Solo, Chamber and Dimensionstrings it has at least been hitherto a VSL-Concept to provide nearly  a full set of Articulations in sordinoversion as Volume II. Nevertheless this time there seem to miss at least also some more "experimental" patches, like Sul pont and Harmonics which were hitherto always covered by former VSL-Libraries.

So my personal guess would be, that a SynchronStrings II would primarily cover those types of articulations. Meanwhile it seems to me that the Legatos and Dynamics and Vibratos are already in Synchron Strings I with a bunch of variations and their combinations quite well represented. So let us explore what is already there first before asking for more.

• VSL support answers me one hour after my question on Christmas day!! Brilliant and thank you. 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

We have just uploaded a new version of the Synchron Basses Standard Library (V2).

To avoid unnecessary traffic: You DO NOT need to download this new version if you have already downloaded v1 and applied the quick Library Update.

Hope you all enjoyed your holidays!

Best,
    Paul

• Paul, I think you mean SYNCHRON Strings..:)

• last edited
    last edited

Thanks, you are of course right! Corrected ðŸ˜Š

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Ways to optimize streaming performance, also mentioned in the videos and the Setup Guide:

- Use the ROOM-Mix Presets to compose, then switch to the Ensemble Projects for mixing
    - OR mute some channels you don't need in the VE Projects and add them for mixing
    - Don't use Velocity XFade if not necessary
    - maybe deactivate Release Samples for composing
    - use the dynamic matrices when using Velocity XFade. 

I've found that it helps to reduce the Default Preload size in VIPro settings to the minimum that will work with the piece at hand.  This fixed most of my glitch problems.

An SSD is a must as well.

Michael

• last edited
    last edited

@Tensivity said:

I've found that it helps to reduce the Default Preload size in VIPro settings to the minimum that will work with the piece at hand.  This fixed most of my glitch problems.

Yes of course.But in a former Posting Paul recommended for Synchron-Strings not to use the lowest Preloadsetting but only 8192 to ensure no performance problems with "insane tutti-chords".

With 1536 I would presumably have no problem to load the whole Synchron-series to come. But if I understand Paul right, for not to "insane" regular use 4096 or even 3172 Samples Preload might work aswell.  However his list of alternative performance optimzation is still interesting whenever any hardware resource runs short.

• Hi Paul:

Legato,
    is not as good as I think.
    Is it vipro2 can't do Legato?