Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,804 users have contributed to 42,414 threads and 255,618 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• This was written in the newsletter ...

We’ll release the complete set of articulations of 1st violins and cellos, and all the basic articulations of 2nd violins, violas and basses. Performance articulations for these sections will be added in early 2018.

• last edited
    last edited

@matthieu.lechowski said:

Only Violins I and Cellos seem to have legato (in the Sample content tab of the Synchron Strings page).

I can't imagine it's really the case...

???

I hope that is just listing the articulations that are available immedietly (ie before Christmas).

I am sure i read that all the legato for the other sections will be available in the new year.

• last edited
    last edited

@gabriel81 said:

This was written in the newsletter ...

We’ll release the complete set of articulations of 1st violins and cellos, and all the basic articulations of 2nd violins, violas and basses. Performance articulations for these sections will be added in early 2018.

Ah sorry. Strangely I don't receive newsletters from VSL anymore since months, while my account is configured to receive it....

• I'm wondering about too.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody!!

YAY!! 🍸🎵

Your Synchron Strings I experience starts right now! THANKS for your patience, and for the great attitude throughout the last weeks!

Our incredible team has managed to finish all the editing work before the holidays, and the STANDARD LIBRARY of the First Violins are the first available download files. 

We will be adding all other sections one by one over the next days, always keeping an eye on the performance of our servers.

We have decided to stick to our established Vienna Instruments / Vienna Instruments Pro platform for now, until the Synchron Player is ready. 

Here are the steps to get started:  

1) Download and install all the latest software updates, including the new Download Manager (!!).

2) Download and install the latest eLicenser Control Center

3) Get your Library Download files, and download the Vienna Ensemble Project Files with templates for multi-mic setups as well!

4) The Library Manual will be online tomorrow, and the Setup Guide is already available right here (check out page 5 of the Setup Guide for a Preset Cheat Sheet to get a head-start!)

More setup videos are in the works, I will add them asap on the product page. 

All the best from your very happy and quite exhausted Vienna Symphonic Library Team! 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hurray! Just in time for Christmas...

Thanks guys, looking forward to my download.

• Thanks Paul and the VSL Team. That's amazing. I just finished my download and can't wait to try the 1st Violins. The installer is running... ;)

Happy Hollidays and regards

Joe

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi everybody!!

YAY!! 🍸🎵

Your Synchron Strings I experience starts right now! THANKS for your patience, and for the great attitude throughout the last weeks!

Our incredible team has managed to finish all the editing work before the holidays, and the STANDARD LIBRARY of the First Violins are the first available download files. 

Ok this is another "sneak preview" for the early birds 😉

However I can wait....

• The quality is amazing! Congratulations. My favorite patch is the slow legato. Awesome. I can't wait for the other sections.

• Great news for the holidays and a great praise for the VSL team, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet ...

Do you have a video for the violins in the pipeline? I actually like this "Spitfire" approach where you can see Paul speaking and playing (better than the "old" videos), but the sneak peek has not convinced me (yet). Please correct me, if I am wrong, but at the moment I am comparing the sound to Orchestral/Appassionata Strings and I hoped for a sound that would make me totally flabbergasted. The "old" cellos sound much better to me, especially in combination with FORTI. The short notes are very good on the other hand. I hope Synchron Player will give the ultimate touch to the sound.

And is the information under "sample content" the actual, final articulation list? Do only the first violins and cellos have legato patches? If not, you should mention the correct articulations (in my opinion), even if they are going to be released in early 2018. That's confusing, and, maybe holding back customers.

• last edited
    last edited

@Pixelpoet1985 said:

And is the information under "sample content" the actual, final articulation list? Do only the first violins and cellos have legato patches? If not, you should mention the correct articulations (in my opinion), even if they are going to be released in early 2018. That's confusing, and, maybe holding back customers.

They said that legato patches for the other sections would be available in early 2018.

• Oh, glory glory glory .... and this is just the first violins ... the sound is superlative, even before tweak-to-taste ...

• I got the violins today. The Standard package is hugh! I can only wonder what it will like for those who got the extended material.

I have put together something for you all to listen to. I mixed different string sections for this recording: Synchron Violins I; Chamber Violins; Orchestral Violas, Celli and Bassi.

https://soundcloud.com/user-651790202/ellmenreich-spinning-song-for-strings

I used Finale to make the recording. I hope the expression is decent. I was enjoying the nice high notes...

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody!

Synchron Cellos Standard are available!! ⭐⭐⭐

And did I mention our fantastic IT Team?  💻🍸🌴

Best, 
    Paul

• Congratulation! I'm excited!

The VE Pro Presets are really useful but I liked the VI PRO presets for the percussions a lot.

So can we expect some SUR to Stereo VI PRO presets too, or do we have to wait for the synchron player?

Thanks!

• Thank you! I just finished work for 2017 an hour ago and shut everything down. Then I saw this. Now I'm downloading and firing up the system again for a few days of fun. Really pleased you got these out now, and very happy to be an Early Bird.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi doubleattack,

Yes, there are very convenient ROOM-MIXES available, with the MID mic (right in front of the ensemble) and a ROOM-MIX of all available microphones. This way you need only one VI / VI Pro instance....

You can go ahead and load those ROOM-MIX Presets for the 1st violins and the cellos right away!

I'm showing the technical details in the little Setup Video right here.

Best,
    Paul

• The pizzicato patches have relative lower volume than other patches. Does anyone notice that?

• last edited
    last edited

@holywilly said:

The pizzicato patches have relative lower volume than other patches. Does anyone notice that?

Yes, I've noticed that too. But you can change the velocity curve of the patch to make it sound louder.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi doubleattack,

Yes, there are very convenient ROOM-MIXES available, with the MID mic (right in front of the ensemble) and a ROOM-MIX of all available microphones. This way you need only one VI / VI Pro instance....

You can go ahead and load those ROOM-MIX Presets for the 1st violins and the cellos right away!

I'm showing the technical details in the little Setup Video right here.

Best, 
    Paul

Thanks for the hint and quick reply! I overlooked it since for the synchron percussion these patches are implemented in the custom data folder and you find it in the lower right corner. 

The new Synchronize Control Map Option in Settings are really a huge time saver!  GREAT!