Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,646 users have contributed to 42,249 threads and 254,882 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• I’ve already made my point.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

So I would advise you to write a disclaimer:

I will only welcome comments by people who are as knowledgeable as Steff in contemporary music.

Of course this is again wrong and insultive.

I will of course not place any disclaimer just to remind you that any 2 cent you say might get its answer, without you instantly must complain "resitence"

You might perhaps follow my example when I tried to give you a friendly hint on a piece you meant to be inspired by Bajuvarian Music.

My attitude was: it finally depends on what you as the programmer/composer intend to do and I can only let you know my personal spontaneous reaction, being open for all what you think about.

Just try to take your Ideas and impression  ("2cents") as your personal idea: A friend would not complain resistence as soon he gets an answer on his thougts, but would ask first, what someone intends to do, before trying to give advice to help to achieve this intention.  (Just my 2 cents about wordings like "friendly advice")

• Ok that seem to be a bit strong "resistence" for the simple friendly advice just to take your 2 cent not for the last possible word.

What ever makes it so difficult to you just to follow my example and start in your thoughts about other with the posibility that others do also have their point of view which would - at least when ever a real friend would try to give an advice - be the best starting point of any consideration.

Just try keep yourself open for an answer even if you at least here seem to have obviously some severe problems with that.

• I've already made my point.

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy Bacos said:

You are ignorant of a ton of things you've talked about me and don't know about.

And who exactly think here to be able to judge exactly what.

If ever you expiereinced any constructive critic you will know the difference to simply abusive talk is that is always founded and conrete, while insults alway are most general unfounded but emotional emphazised insted.

Ok I do have the habit to answer both founded and concrete. I know that is a big problem for those who simply are interestd to reduce others or what they do. Feel free to verifiy this 😉

• I've already made my point.

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy Bacos said:

Once again, I don't know what you're trying to prove here. Keep on admiring your Bartok mockup museum, you seem very content with that.

Your question about my intention seems to me now definitly to late.

What I want tp prove? I just always answer frankly and honest. It obviously depends on the one who asks/ comment or "friendly advises" which direction this dialogue takes. Congratulation, Here you can see which direction your way to "friendly advise" has taken this is extraodinary and without any parallel. (nosce te ipsum).

There is nothing wrong with a musical "museum", Even when I do believe there is absolutly nothing which is really meant to be for all (neither Bartok nor Beethoen nor any other Music, Composer or composition), but there are always some things for some people. This helps sometimes to know. However there is a lot to discover if ever one is curious enough😃

• ..and that's what happen when you post a thread in the wrong forum section.. :P