Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,618 users have contributed to 42,246 threads and 254,868 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Hi, 

I will need exactly the same information from you as I requested from the previous posters. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi guys! Having the exact same issue. My master and slaves computers are all Macs. OS 10.11.6. Switch Cisco sg110-24. Any help? Thanks!

• last edited
    last edited

@Rafael Messulam said:

Hi guys! Having the exact same issue. My master and slaves computers are all Macs. OS 10.11.6. Switch Cisco sg110-24. Any help? Thanks!

Can you post :

1) your setting (how all this little world is connected)

2) your Network settings on each computer

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I'm going to have to bump this. I'm having the exact same issue but I'm on VE PRO 5 and I'm using a Windows 10 Slave and Mac. 

This is actually driving me nuts.

• Hi, 

Like I wrote in march:

I will need exactly the same information from you as I requested from the previous posters. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

• Try what I wrote before and send me feed back

• Old thread I know but, the problem has to do with not allowing the VEPRO server on the slave through the Windows firewall and on the configuration of the network between the master and the slaves.

On my set up I have to allow the vienna servers (32 and 64 bit) to communicate through the windows defender firewall on the public networks - leaving it to come thorugh only on the private networks prevents the slave server from showing up on the Vienna client plug-in in my DAW.

I am not sure if this is because my netwrok is set to public or not (and I don't have time right now to check) but what I am pretty sure about is that if you let the server come through the windows defender firewal on both private and public networks, chances are you should be right. Let me know.

Also, if anyone has some time - this link show how to check and mess about with the network's private/public setting through Regedit.

https://www.kapilarya.com/switch-network-from-public-to-private-and-domain-windows-10

Cheers.

• Hi, 

You do have a point there, thanks for posting that link!

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi, I also have a slave-pc only accessible through IP-address. The slave-pc is actually my allround (game)-pc with 2 ethernet ports, 1 connected to my home network (ISP-router\modem) and the other peer-to-peer to my (offline) DAW-system. When I share internet (on the slave) through the ethernet port's properties, the server will become visible in the plugin. So I always suspected the server being advertised on the wrong network.

Windows 10 Vepro 7