Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,400 users have contributed to 42,297 threads and 255,066 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Hi, 

There MUST be something blocking network communication there. 

Do you have any additional "security software" installed, like, e.g., Little Snitch? These programs need to make exceptions for VE PRO. 

Sorry if that has been asked before: Did you disconnect from the internet and deactivate your firewalls on both computers?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

There MUST be something blocking network communication there. 

Do you have any additional "security software" installed, like, e.g., Little Snitch? These programs need to make exceptions for VE PRO. 

Sorry if that has been asked before: Did you disconnect from the internet and deactivate your firewalls on both computers?

Firewalls disabled on both PCs. WIFI (only source of internet) disbled on both PCs. 

I do have Webroot Security installed. Tried making exceptions for VE PRO, no luck. Completely disabled the program on both machines. Still no luck. 

have been successful in manually connecting to the existing slave instances by typing them into the DAW plugin. They just don't show up on the list of server instances. At this point, while it is not extremely convenient to type these in manually, it's certainly functional which is more than it has been up to this point.

• Hi, 

Thanks for the update. Still, shouldn't be that way, and works for literally thousands of musicians. 

Does anybody else have an idea what's happening here?

Would you like to post an overview of the existing network settings like you did in the opening post?

Best, 
    Paul

• I am having the eaxct same problem as the OP, but my master machine is a Mac (10.9.5) and my slave is a Win 7 64Bit machine. If I type the IP & name of instance in directly I can connect, but the slave server does not show up in the list in the server plug-in on my master machine (using Pro Tools 11).

Thanks,,

George

• last edited
    last edited

Hi George,

What are your network settings on both computers? Which AV Software, Firewall Settings?

If you activated the Firewall on Windows, did you check the exceptions as described in the VE PRO 6 manual (first pages)?

Best,
    Paul

• Hi Paul, I tried disabeling the firewall on the slave, but there was no change. I can connect to the slave via the "go to server" menu in Mac OS as well. Instances on my lcal machine in Vepro show up just fine. There is some setting(s) I am unaware of that is preventing the instances on the slave to display on the master. I went through the settings per the manual, but am still not having any luck. Thanks, George

• Hi George, 

Can you please send me some screenshots of your network settings to support@vsl.co.at?

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

I have just sent you a .zip file with pica of the settings from both machines.

Thanks!

George

• Bump

Has this been officially resolved? Having the exact same issue, and have taken all the steps. Master computer is a mac however, everything else is identical

• Hi, 

I will need exactly the same information from you as I requested from the previous posters. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

• Hi guys! Having the exact same issue. My master and slaves computers are all Macs. OS 10.11.6. Switch Cisco sg110-24. Any help? Thanks!

• last edited
    last edited

@Rafael Messulam said:

Hi guys! Having the exact same issue. My master and slaves computers are all Macs. OS 10.11.6. Switch Cisco sg110-24. Any help? Thanks!

Can you post :

1) your setting (how all this little world is connected)

2) your Network settings on each computer

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I'm going to have to bump this. I'm having the exact same issue but I'm on VE PRO 5 and I'm using a Windows 10 Slave and Mac. 

This is actually driving me nuts.

• Hi, 

Like I wrote in march:

I will need exactly the same information from you as I requested from the previous posters. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

• Try what I wrote before and send me feed back

• Old thread I know but, the problem has to do with not allowing the VEPRO server on the slave through the Windows firewall and on the configuration of the network between the master and the slaves.

On my set up I have to allow the vienna servers (32 and 64 bit) to communicate through the windows defender firewall on the public networks - leaving it to come thorugh only on the private networks prevents the slave server from showing up on the Vienna client plug-in in my DAW.

I am not sure if this is because my netwrok is set to public or not (and I don't have time right now to check) but what I am pretty sure about is that if you let the server come through the windows defender firewal on both private and public networks, chances are you should be right. Let me know.

Also, if anyone has some time - this link show how to check and mess about with the network's private/public setting through Regedit.

https://www.kapilarya.com/switch-network-from-public-to-private-and-domain-windows-10

Cheers.

• Hi, 

You do have a point there, thanks for posting that link!

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi, I also have a slave-pc only accessible through IP-address. The slave-pc is actually my allround (game)-pc with 2 ethernet ports, 1 connected to my home network (ISP-router\modem) and the other peer-to-peer to my (offline) DAW-system. When I share internet (on the slave) through the ethernet port's properties, the server will become visible in the plugin. So I always suspected the server being advertised on the wrong network.

Windows 10 Vepro 7