Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,414 users have contributed to 42,226 threads and 254,785 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Good to know dterry. I can confirm if I leave my workstation overnight the next day at some point will have the engine quit. It makes no difference if I am using it either. One time recently I did a little work on the second day of a session being open, an hour later the engine stopped. I would love to be able to keep my weekly projects open with full confidence. Really hope paul can fix this.

• I will work on a detailed report of the smallest session I have that exhibits this behavior to attempt tracking down the problem. The good thing is the behavior IS predictable for me at least. I am thinking it IS a specific plugin causing the problem within the vienna host.

• I thought it was plugin related, but I only have multiple instances of Play 5 in my slave system.  Removing other plugins seemed to extend the amount of time VEP would remain up, but I'm not sure it really made any difference. 

• Was there ever some kind of consensus as to what causes the timeouts?
    Mine go dead after 25 hours.

Any revelations dterry? Jesse?

• To answer your question... no I still have this issue on the latest vienna 6. ANY version of cubase does this... I also converted my system back to Vienna 5 and tested... and still the same issue. Not sure what went wrong or how this keeps happening but I just unload and load at the beginning of every production session as a habit now. costs me about 10 minutes per session.