Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,678 users have contributed to 42,622 threads and 256,578 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 29 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

Ok, so in VE Pro 6 on my slave PC I started creating empty instances in blocks of ten, then creating instances of the VE Pro 6 plug-in in Logic and connecting them. Starting app. around 35 is where I start to notice the latency. At 43, it is just a little less than with my populated instances.

I reproduced this both locally and connected to a PC with 44 empty connected instances. Locally, there is about half a second of lag before the transport starts playing, which I'd say is acceptable considering the rather large amount of connected instances. Connected to a PC, there is indeed about 1.5-2 seconds of lag, which has to be due to the extra network round-trip per instance.

The strange thing is that this part of VE Pro 6 has not changed. If anything it should be faster than before. Are you absolutely certain this lag didn't exist in VE Pro 5?

• I only have around 16 local instances. 2 second lag. And really, why should we settle for an acceptable lag when this lag was not present with VEP5? I don't see anything that warrants a playback dealy. It's annoying as hell. And I have confidence in that the VSL team will fix it :)

• last edited
    last edited

@Simon Ravn said:

I only have around 16 local instances. 2 second lag. And really, why should we settle for an acceptable lag when this lag was not present with VEP5? I don't see anything that warrants a playback dealy. It's annoying as hell. And I have confidence in that the VSL team will fix it 😊

That is indeed unacceptable. Could you send your Server Project to support@vsl.co.at with my name and this forum post mentioned? Thanks.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

Ok, so in VE Pro 6 on my slave PC I started creating empty instances in blocks of ten, then creating instances of the VE Pro 6 plug-in in Logic and connecting them. Starting app. around 35 is where I start to notice the latency. At 43, it is just a little less than with my populated instances.

I reproduced this both locally and connected to a PC with 44 empty connected instances. Locally, there is about half a second of lag before the transport starts playing, which I'd say is acceptable considering the rather large amount of connected instances. Connected to a PC, there is indeed about 1.5-2 seconds of lag, which has to be due to the extra network round-trip per instance.

The strange thing is that this part of VE Pro 6 has not changed. If anything it should be faster than before. Are you absolutely certain this lag didn't exist in VE Pro 5?

I am not answering for Ash, but I can say that there is no lag whatsover (well, yes, maybe - but it's neglectable - maybe 0,2 seconds) in VEP5 for me, no matter if I only have local instances or both local and slave. Typically my template will be around 16 local instances + 6 instances on one PC slave + 8 instances on another. No lag in VEP5. 

I am on a Mac Pro, latest El Capitan, latest Logic etc.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

I am not answering for Ash, but I can say that there is no lag whatsover (well, yes, maybe - but it's neglectable - maybe 0,2 seconds) in VEP5 for me, no matter if I only have local instances or both local and slave. Typically my template will be around 16 local instances + 6 instances on one PC slave + 8 instances on another. No lag in VEP5. 

I am on a Mac Pro, latest El Capitan, latest Logic etc.

I can confirm that there was no lag that I can remember with VE Pro 5, even with my biggest templates.

• I confirmed and fixed a regression that caused these lags in VE Pro 6 for the next update. Thanks for the detailed reports!

• 6.0.15258 still has the lag. I was really hoping that the release notes were correct, but sadly the issue is not gone. 

Now, when I press play for the forst time, it takes about 1-2 minutes for the playhead to move; therafter it takes about 3 seconds, so it is better than the 10 seconds we were seeing before, but still unusable for me. I have 88 VEP instances running; while this is obviously a lot, it works perfectly in VEP5.

Going back to VEP5... again...

• I received a pre-release of the next version, and I can confirm that the lag is completely gone - just like VEP5. Only tested with my local instances, but I am pretty sure it will fix the lag across the board.

• last edited
    last edited

@Simon Ravn said:

I received a pre-release of the next version, and I can confirm that the lag is completely gone - just like VEP5. Only tested with my local instances, but I am pretty sure it will fix the lag across the board.
    As can I, on both my Mac and slave PC.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

Get the new update VE PRO 6.0.15264 in MyVSL!

This bug is now finally fixed!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I would be curious to hear confirmation on it's success. Everyone happy?

• Hello everybody,

New user of ensemble pro 6 here.

Sorry for what I miss, but I have the exact same problem : Delay of 4-5 seconds when I hit "play" or "rec".

Except this really big problem, everything is working fine.

I have one macpro 12 core 3,46 64 Go ram as master and an exact same macpro like slave with EP6.

I have VE PRO 6.0.15264, with 45 tracks Kontakt in the EP6 on the slave. (I use Keyswitcher with oscTouch on ipad)

Do I miss something?

Thanks for any help,

Yves.

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Yves,

Did you make sure that you are using the latest version of VE PRO 6?

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hello Paul,

Now, with the last update, no more problems with EP6!

I have another problem with my main Macpro but it's another story ;-)

Very Happy with the EP6 now.

Thanks,

Yves.

• last edited
    last edited

@yvesrecording said:

Now, with the last update, no more problems with EP6!

Was that on Mac OS X Yosemite?  VE PRO 6.0.15401?

• The very last update on El Capitan.