Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,442 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,797 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Happens here, OS 10.12.5, connected to Cubase Pro 9, Kontakt 5.6.6. 
    I force quit and the next time, invariably it loads normally. Tends to look like the samples are on an external SSD for this.

• Please make sure you have disabled the Kontakt Memory Server (/Options/Memory/) - does that make a difference?

Best, Marnix

• last edited
    last edited

Hi all,

I am still getting this problem daily. Marcel @ NI support has been working with me to try and resolve the issue but so far no joy. Here are his suggestions in case you wanted to try them:

1) I used the NI support tool on both master and slave rig https://download.native-instruments.com/support/NI_Support_Tool_Mac.zip and sent results to NI

2) Antivirus - I checked that I have no anti virus software (such as Sophos) running as this is a known issue.

3) Batch re-save - I was asked to do a batch resave on all libraries How to Resolve Issues with Missing Samples for a KONTAKT Library (Batch re-save)

This took 2.5 days and did not make a difference!

4) Database Reset

"
    - make sure that neither Kontakt 5 nor any other NI Software is running,
    - in the Finder, choose "Go", hold down "alt" to view & open "Library".
    - Browse to Application Support > Native Instruments > Kontakt 5 > DB, then delete all files within that folder.

Next time you start Kontakt 5 in standalone mode (prior to opening it as a plug-in : very important!), your database would be reset."

Still no difference!

5) Videos

I have recently sent NI videos of both the master and slave rigs loading and hanging on this error. Will wait and see. The next thing I will try is to save the metaframe (once it has loaded via my Logic session) and load this as a standalone in VE Pro without running Logic. Then to save each Kontakt instance as a multi and try each one in a standalone instance of Kontakt. Note this problem occurs regardless of what libraries are in my first instance of Kontakt on VE Pro 6, it always seems to hang on the first instance or it progresses through and loads fine. Anyone else noticing this? Are other users on this thread running quite large templates and do you have slave rig(s) or just master rig?

Been going on for 6 months and losing many hours, hoping we can get a fix / workaround soon.

Richard

• And of course I have my KMS off too!

• I lost 2 hours today doing reboots. VSL you blame Kontakt but this didn't happen on VE Pro 5. And it seems to always happen trying to load first instance (regardless of what libraries are contained within the first instance). PLEASE GET SOMEONE ON THIS IT IS KILLING MY WORK and no one seems to give a s***t

• I have set up a Facebook group to collate information and hopefully get this resolved since VI, NI just blame each other and do not seem interested in resolving this nightmare and hugely time wasting issue. Please join and post your specific issues / workflow etc etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1065262703609421/

• This is an issue I've been having for at least a year. In addition,  my composing partner on an identical system is having the same problems but to a slightly lesser degree. I'm running the newest version of VEP and PT using Macs running 10.10.5 - this is killing my workflow and wasting HOURS of my time on projects that don't allow any time.  Re-booting doesn't make a difference, running disc utilities doesn't make a difference.  Uninstalling and re-installing makes no difference.  It's a fluke as to when and how VEP will pull itself together and I can start working again.  There's no rhyme or reason seemingly as to why this keeps happening but it's a daily occurrance whilst trying to get yesterday's session up and running again.  It's seriously affecting my work. VEP and NI really need to start figuring out what the problem is rather than thinking the problem lies with the user. 

• New build of VE Pro 6 "Fixed: A hang when connecting computers in the network, loading very large projects”

Although this doesn't mention the "working on sample data cache' problem, I'm definitely giving this ago.

CTruman - yes this is exactly my problem too, and losing on average between 30 mins - 2 hrs per day. I know we are not alone either

• +1.. This is getting seriously annoying now.

• Have you tried the very latest version of VE Pro? I have been using it for a little over a week now (since the day it was released). So far, no more problems (touch wood). Been loading multiple projects daily over the past 8 days since it's release and have not had this problem once so far. Hopefully it's a thing of the past. (Despite VI saying it was a Kontakt issue :)

• last edited
    last edited

"working on sample data cache" from Kontakt.

I get tired of waiting. I have to "force quit" VEP and Logic and reload everthing which takes a while when it works.
    The next reload, it usually doesn't happen, for a few times but it's getting annoying.

VEP version 6.0.16502

• Same issue here but only when there actually is stuff in Kontakt not the empty template: 

Here is what I do to make it load:

1. Right click the VEP icon in the dock and select QUIT

2. Hit cancel on the warning popup instead Quit

3. It starts loading. 

I can replicate this every single time without fail. It is VEP related. Sent a couple suggetions to tech support about this bug.

• I am SO sick of this time-sucking issue!  Where is the fix for this already?

• last edited
    last edited

@koassistant said:

Same issue here but only when there actually is stuff in Kontakt not the empty template: 

3. It starts loading. 

I can replicate this every single time without fail. It is VEP related. Sent a couple suggetions to tech support about this bug.

Yes, thank you. The first really usefull solution.

• Mojave Beta v4

Vienna Ensemble 6.0.17011

Kontakt 5.8.1

This issue is happening on my main machine and sample server machine, both iMac Pro.

All .nkm instruments load without "working on sample data cache" in Kontakt standalone or as an AU in DAW.

Is there a .plist to delete or something?

No workaround "bumps" Kontakt plug-in to start loading.

• Possible:

Issue only occurs when launching Vienna Ensemble server project frrom Finder

Does not occur if Vienna Ensemble Server is opened and Server project is selected from File>Open

?

• last edited
    last edited

@jcapple said:

Possible:

Issue only occurs when launching Vienna Ensemble server project frrom Finder

Does not occur if Vienna Ensemble Server is opened and Server project is selected from File>Open

Recently upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave and experiencing this issue (happening in particular with an instance with True Strke in K5 inside the Server Project).  Was able to confirm the above quote, ran into sample cache error when trying to launch the file from Finder but loading from within the program it loaded fine.  Previously, updating Kontakt's database seemed to help but that stopped working.  I am in the process of changing over all of my VEP Project templates to Kontakt 6 which will hopefully put an end to this issue for me.

PS, VEP still crashes every time it is quit with a file open.

Update:  Two instances in current Server Project had K5, switched those out to K6 and issue is unchanged.  I did find that this seems to only happen to me when the file is launched from Finder when VEP is closed.  If VEP is open double click or drag and drop the file from Finder seems to work ok.

iMac Pro, Mojave 10.14.4, VEP 6.0.17226 (server running natively), Kontakt 5.8.1 (R43)

• I have this problem too, after the recent VEP update. 

Now I can't work. VEP can you please test  your software before updating it please. 

• I just hit this issue for the very first time.  This thread has been very useful - thanks to all who contributed and shared their solutions.

I usually start VEPro by clicking a file on my desktop.  Today I had the Kontakt sample data cache death spiral...

I was able to get my slave instances back using the File>Open method described in this thread.  When I did get my slave back open again, I found something interesting...  

I could tell that previously my slave was getting stuck loading my Spitfire Albion 1 woodwinds.  Once I was able to open my slave template again, I notice I left Kontakt5 Spitfire Albion 1 Hi Wood Legato enabled when I last shut down.  That instrument was showing that it was not connected to any audio (I route 4 mic outs) and thus, Kontakt was failing to launch properly. (this makes sense as I started my Slave before opening my Master DAW template).  Once I started my DAW and connected all my instances, Kontakt was happy again.

So I made sure all instruments were in disabled state, shut down, and started again using my desktop shortcut.  It loaded fine.  

Now, I'm sure I've loaded this same template with other instruments left enabled... Perhaps there's something particular about the actual Kontakt instrument that is left open?  Maybe because these Kontakt instruments need to see the multiple outputs in order to load properly...?  I've seen other Kontakt instruments that behave very badly (wont draw the GUI correctly or wont complete loading altogether) in VEP due to output routing before - usually drums with multple outputs like GetGoodDrums for example.  

• last edited
    last edited

I have the same problem now since the VEP 7 upgrade. This fix indeed helps, though. What also worked for me is to open the VEP 7 Server and go from there to the menu File > open Server Project.

Please bugfix soon!

@koassistant said:

Same issue here but only when there actually is stuff in Kontakt not the empty template: 

3. It starts loading.