Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,440 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,796 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• I can confirm there's no overheating or project corruption happening. The machine runs so cool and stable it passes the "Intel Burn Test." When Cubase corrupts projects (v6.5 did that to me twice), it's easy to tell: It crashes when attempting to load the project.

VEP's audio cutting out, is very likely a coding issue between VEP and Cubase. The save acts as a sort of "reset" to a state, somewhere between the two. Since it happens during an edge-case (not typical use) of trying to shoehorn an Audio Input into doing something it really wasn't designed for, it's less a bug and more lack of a feature. :)

It may be related to the thread thing, but that seemed to be mostly CPU spiking, which I was not seeing a problem with.

As for your "several slaves" better than "one super computer" recommendation -- I totally agree.

I'm already doing that for my mastering chain via simple optical cables to a computer dedicated for just that, using Cubase's external plugin thing. It's awesome.

When I have some time, I'll try to recreate my sync issues in a simple, reproducible project. So that we can wrap our heads around it.

• I don't know if you have mentioned this already - but did you make sure that you have "ASIO Guard" switched off in Cubase's Device Setings? Strange things can happen when this feature is enabled.

Best,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks. Yes, I thought of that, too. It wasn't off initially (first few tests), but had been off since. No difference in behavior.

(Also, I'm using the VST3 version. Everything is x64, as well.)

• VSL, it's been a year. Any progress on the "FX Rack" product you mentioned.

I'm still looking for a solution.

Hope it's going well!

Cheers.

• Hi jalcide, 

Yes, time flies! Unfortunately I don´t have an update for you there, but it is on our long wish-list for VE PRO. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL