Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,751 users have contributed to 42,256 threads and 254,903 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• I would suggest reading the manual regarding the multiprocessing - it depends upon your system and the way you use VE Pro. 

• Yes I am doing and have done so! However I don't find it clear as to what to do if you have multiple instances, in the region of 40 or so for example. With 4 instances and 8 virtual cores it seems clear that you'd set it to 2 threads, with 2 instances 4 threads and so on so that you use all your cores spread across the instances.

It says: "The general rule to follow is that the optimal number of threads on a system should be equal to the number of virtual cores present." 

However it says nothing about numbers of instances that go way beyond your number of cores. Unless I'm missing something.. 

• Do not forget that you can run your AU plug-ins inside Logic and send the audio to VEP and MIR

Normally this solution allow to spread better the load across your processors in Logic.

It is cheaper, CPU wise, to run an AU inside Logic than Inside VEP, because VEP adds another layer

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@Cyril Blanc said:

Do not forget that you can run your AU plug-ins inside Logic and send the audio to VEP and MIR

Normally this solution allow to spread better the load across your processors in Logic.

It is cheaper, CPU wise, to run an AU inside Logic than Inside VEP, because VEP adds another layer

The extra CPU usage is not that much. I have helped set up a lot of LA composers with building VE Pro orchestral templates connected to Logic and they are pretty much all happy now.

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril Blanc said:

Do not forget that you can run your AU plug-ins inside Logic and send the audio to VEP and MIR

I've been running everything inside Logic for years but now I'm making use of a PC slave which has twice the amount of RAM, an SSD and a more powerful processor. So the whole point of me 'migrating' to VEPro is to host the plugins and samples on the slave through VEPro and then do all my recording and editing back in Logic on the Mac. This way I am in fact freeing up the Mac's processor, RAM and HD. Sorry, I didn't make that clear so far in this thread but I think it's a fairly standard way of doing things? 

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

The extra CPU usage is not that much.

Less CPU you are using, less change you will get pops, crackels 😉

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

The extra CPU usage is not that much.

Less CPU you are using, less change you will get pops, crackels 😉

I have set up lots of VE Pro templates for Logic users and lots just in Logic. The CPU trade-off using VE Pro is definitely a major plus in terms of pop and crackle free performance.