Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,369 users have contributed to 42,222 threads and 254,771 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• Hi Stefan,

just wrote you that email.

Did you get my email?

• So I'm not sure has Stefan got my email, but my situation is this. When I'm logged in and go to the product page of Roompack1 it says Full price € 195 for download and € 215 for usb stick and that's it. So is this the original full price or the 70 % off price for a side license?

• Hi Sami,

I have replied to you via email a few hours ago. 

Our IT Team is taking a look at this issue, in the meantime I can offer you to place your order in our back office with the correct price.

Sorry about the delay, but it's been pretty busy over here lately with the ending student offer. :)

Best,

Stefan

•  I already replied to your email. Thank you for your help.

• last edited
    last edited

@V_ad_im said:

[...] Small Bug in MIRx: If I loud Konzerthaus Organ, not for all patches organ MIRx presets loads - some patches loads only generic presets of MIRx. [...]

To Vadim and all fellow MIRx-users who ran into this issue: I just received the confirmation from VSL software engineers that the error is fixed now, and that MIRx (and MIR Pro!) build 12807 or later will auto-guess correctly all Vienna Konzerthaus Organ patches.

A new build will available in your User Areas soon.

Thanks again for reporting!

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Yes, that's what our development efforts are about right now: Interweaving the "automatisms" introduced by MIRx with the free accessability of MIR Pro's features - without sacrificing much of either application's benefits and workflow. 😊

Kind regards,

Greetings Dietz!

Would you kindly comment on progress of this update?

And another question I find important for myself - will there be any Sage Gateshead feature as well, or this just includes the halls involved in Mirx?

Thanks!

• This looks fantastic! 

I am interested to learn how this is integrated with dimension strings. I don't have dimension strings, but am considering the purchase.

How are the instruments layer out in the room with MIRx? 

• Correction: what is the instrument layout. (sorry my iPad kept me from correcting the mistake). If it is more or less traditional orchestral string layout, eg. Violins mostly on the left, I will be happy :)

Thanks!

• last edited
    last edited

@Composer_Larkin said:

Correction: what is the instrument layout. (sorry my iPad kept me from correcting the mistake). If it is more or less traditional orchestral string layout, eg. Violins mostly on the left, I will be happy 😊

Thanks!

Hi Composer_Larkin,

there are screenshots available in MIRx' manual (which is a free download form your VSL User Area) showing the chosen setups:

-> http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/428/2622/2257.htm

Basically it's a Vi1 - Vla - Bassi - Celli - Vi2 setup, but you can change this within MIR Pro according to your preferences with a few mouse-clicks. 😊

Kind regards,

• [quote=Vlzmusic]Greetings Dietz!

We are doing the final touches to MIRx' integration into MIR Pro right now. :-)

We have no plans for MIRx-settings based on The Sage Gateshead, but as a MIR Pro user, you can easily start with Konzerthaus Großer Saal and switch over to The Sage Hall One. :-)

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

We are doing the final touches to MIRx' integration into MIR Pro right now. 😊

Looking forward to the updates.  Will it require the use of VE Pro or will it function totally within MIR?  Also, it will work with MIR Pro 24?

Michael

• The settings and the automatic positioning in the three "MIRxed" Venues will be available for all flavours of MIR Pro, but auto-guessing of Instrument Profiles will of course have to rely on VE Pro. MIR Pro used as a plug-in has no way to communicate with an instrument that's put in one of its Venues (... MIR just receives a signal in that scenario, which could be anything). You will have to select the Instrument Profiles manually in that case.

• Thanks for that info, Dietz!

I am trying out the Teldex Mirx and loving it. While doing so, I`ve got new query on this MIRx/MIR PRO relationships :)

Is MIRx Pre-EQ feature linked to the MIR PRO color "presets", or did you come up with some different eq ideas or approach? Most of the Mirx presets surprised me with their nice timbre - I am not sure I can replicate it with the MIR PRO instruments presets - or should I search harder?:)

• MIRx' "Pre-EQs" are the equivalent of MIR Pro's "Character Presets" (... both rely on the much-lauded algorithms used for Vienna Suite's Master EQ, BTW). The main difference is that there's just _one_ of them in MIRx for each position in a chosen Venue, while there are 5 to 10 Venue-independent (and thus more generalized) settings for each Vienna Instrument in MIR Pro. The MIRx-settings are treated to fit to the selected position in the chosen Venue and its Room EQ settings as good as possible.

They all will be integrated into MIR Pro as dedicated MIRx-Character Presets, adding about 1.000 hand-made setups to the ones already available (another 1.000, AFAIR ... ;-P...).  The update will be available as soon as the integration of MIRx' automatisms and additional possibilities (like multiple Room EQ-busses, which are an important part of MIRx' sound) are implemented.

Kind regards,

• Yes, thats exactly what I felt - that each instrument was neatly "placed in" timbre wise.

Thanks again for your detailed explanation - and my amazement of such a dedication goes without saying. VSL is not just a sample library - its a complex system where all parts come together to create a world of digital music making. Thumbs up for you guys!!

• Any news about MIR update with with MIRx positioning? Thanks

• The MIRx-features for MIR Pro will be released together with the necessary updates for the upcoming Dimension Violas. From today's point-of-view this will take place in a few weeks, unless we stumble across a previously unknown show-stopping issue.

Thanks for your patience!

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Basically it's a Vi1 - Vla - Bassi - Celli - Vi2 setup, but you can change this within MIR Pro according to your preferences with a few mouse-clicks. 😊

I think you mean "with a few mouse-clicks and several hundred Euros".

The "Stokowski layout" of Vi1 - Vi2 - Vla - Celli - Bassi has been the predominant worldwide standard since the 1930's. I appreciate that the reason for this layout was technological rather than musical, but it's what I've been used to for 50 years and anything else sounds strange.

• Thank you Dietz for all your help.

• A little teaser (for Those Who See The Difference .... ;-) ...)