Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,381 users have contributed to 42,222 threads and 254,773 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Ah, perfect. I've never even used those features. I'll have to check them out. Thanks Paul!

• Paul, thank you for the helpful reply.   it does seem that a quick production flow with MIRx could benefit from some sort of a "global amount" control but then this is a good reason for MIRx users to upgrade too.  Its great to have so many options!

• Hi everyone,

this is all exciting! MIR with vi pro, which I have. I have downloaded the files and got the demo licences, and I'm having some kind of problem with vi pro in projects that did not have the MIRx reverb. I have no trouble in opening vienna ensemble and adding a new vi pro instance, with the MIRX present in it, but my old projects, even though I have the latest update to vi pro and vienna ensemble and vienna instruments, the MIRX reverb is not present in the vi pro instance. I thought that maybe I would try "converting the project to vi pro" as a workaround to fix it ,but that did not work, so I'm not sure what to do.

I'm not sure what's causing this. Has anyone ideas how to change this?

Thanks for any ideas someone may have.

Steve :-)

• Hi,

I've noticed some differences in the natural volume overview of the MIRx manual compared to MIR's natural volume button in VE PRO 5. For example violins orchestra dB offset in the manual is -12 and in VE PRO 5 it's -13,5. Violins appassionata is in the manual -6 and in VE PRO 5 it's -5. Why is this? Is there something I'm not getting?

• last edited
    last edited

@Steve Martin said:

Hi everyone,

this is all exciting! MIR with vi pro, which I have. I have downloaded the files and got the demo licences, and I'm having some kind of problem with vi pro in projects that did not have the MIRx reverb. I have no trouble in opening vienna ensemble and adding a new vi pro instance, with the MIRX present in it, but my old projects, even though I have the latest update to vi pro and vienna ensemble and vienna instruments, the MIRX reverb is not present in the vi pro instance. I thought that maybe I would try "converting the project to vi pro" as a workaround to fix it ,but that did not work, so I'm not sure what to do.

I'm not sure what's causing this. Has anyone ideas how to change this?

Thanks for any ideas someone may have.

Steve 😊

Hi Steve,

Please read this message from Paul. 😊

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi Steve, 

@Steve Martin said:

I have no trouble in opening vienna ensemble and adding a new vi pro instance, with the MIRX present in it, but my old projects, even though I have the latest update to vi pro and vienna ensemble and vienna instruments, the MIRX reverb is not present in the vi pro instance.

Please check again that you are using the latest version of VI PRO (2.4.12535)

If that´s not it, please send such a song to me at , as a zip file. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi Sami, 

@Sami Boman said:

Hi,

I've noticed some differences in the natural volume overview of the MIRx manual compared to MIR's natural volume button in VE PRO 5. For example violins orchestra dB offset in the manual is -12 and in VE PRO 5 it's -13,5. Violins appassionata is in the manual -6 and in VE PRO 5 it's -5. Why is this? Is there something I'm not getting?

Well observed. Herb decided to adjust the  Natural Volume values for MIRx a little bit, that´s all. These values should serve as an orientation for your mixes, they are not the "absolute truth". 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

yes, thanks for that.[:D]  I'm now using the latest version.

many thanks,

Steve[:D]