Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,928 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• HA!

Just when I posted it - everything should work as expected as of now!

Enjoy!

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Where are these posted in the User area? Can I access them if I own MIR Pro 24? Thanks!

• Hi jasonr2100, 

the files for MIR PRO (24) are NOT ready yet (= in preparation), but they will be added as soon as possible!

Thanks for your patience!

Paul

• All MIR Pro / 24 users interested in the settings provided by MIRx - please read this announcement:

-> http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/35376/219325.aspx#219325

Thanks!

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Great info, I cant wait for this! Thank you

• Dietz, thank you for the upcoming "free" presets, even if we do have to squirm in anxious anticipation for several weeks. [;)]

In the meantime, can you tell us of any benefits that MIRx might have for MIR owners?  Its there any reason for us to consider purchasing it (other than its another cool VSL product).

Also, can you explain about the mixing flow of MIRx?  For example, suppose one wants to change the reverb amount in an entire mix containing hundreds of VSL instruments each with its own instance of MIRx.  Does this mean we have to change levels 100 times as opposed to with MIR which can do it globally?

And also what about non-VSL instruments?  (how dare me!)  It doesn't seem there is a way to use MIRx with outside vi instruments as we can easily do with MIR?

Also if you have any other thoughts on the differences or advantages of MIRx vs MIR/24 please add them.  Thanks.

• I am also curious about MIRx presets for MIR Pro owners. I use my own custom VIPro instruments. If the presets come in the form of viframes...how can I easily apply these presets to my custom instruments? It seems like I would have to load up the viframes, check out how the presets are set up, and then copy the settings manually one by one for each instrument in every hall. Which begs the question...it seems like it would be helpful if there was another kind of "frame" I could save which had info about an individual instruments MIR settings...spatial positioning, wet/dry mix, instrument profile, etc.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi synergy543, 

Dietz has asked me to chime in here. 

MIRx will never replace MIR PRO (24), and it´s not designed to be a replacement. MIRx can do nothing you cannot already do with MIR PRO (24). 

MIRx is a simple, intelligent implementation to VI PRO and the only way to provide you with a quick solution for properly panned and reverberated Vienna Instruments in your mix. 

Changing Dry/Wet levels has to be done separately for each MIRx instance, it only works for Vienna Instruments Collections (you cannot reverberate 3rd party plug-ins). 

The best idea is to simply check our MIRx with the free demo licenses, so you can see for yourself, what it does (the MIRx Venues are actually small downloads). 

@mohurwitzmusic

@mohurwitzmusic said:

Which begs the question...it seems like it would be helpful if there was another kind of "frame" I could save which had info about an individual instruments MIR settings...spatial positioning, wet/dry mix, instrument profile, etc.

This can be achieved easily already by means of the commands "'Merge Projects" and "Copy Effect". Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to deliver VI Frames with hundreds of settings [;)]

Best, 

Paul 

• Ah, perfect. I've never even used those features. I'll have to check them out. Thanks Paul!

• Paul, thank you for the helpful reply.   it does seem that a quick production flow with MIRx could benefit from some sort of a "global amount" control but then this is a good reason for MIRx users to upgrade too.  Its great to have so many options!

• Hi everyone,

this is all exciting! MIR with vi pro, which I have. I have downloaded the files and got the demo licences, and I'm having some kind of problem with vi pro in projects that did not have the MIRx reverb. I have no trouble in opening vienna ensemble and adding a new vi pro instance, with the MIRX present in it, but my old projects, even though I have the latest update to vi pro and vienna ensemble and vienna instruments, the MIRX reverb is not present in the vi pro instance. I thought that maybe I would try "converting the project to vi pro" as a workaround to fix it ,but that did not work, so I'm not sure what to do.

I'm not sure what's causing this. Has anyone ideas how to change this?

Thanks for any ideas someone may have.

Steve :-)

• Hi,

I've noticed some differences in the natural volume overview of the MIRx manual compared to MIR's natural volume button in VE PRO 5. For example violins orchestra dB offset in the manual is -12 and in VE PRO 5 it's -13,5. Violins appassionata is in the manual -6 and in VE PRO 5 it's -5. Why is this? Is there something I'm not getting?

• last edited
    last edited

@Steve Martin said:

Hi everyone,

this is all exciting! MIR with vi pro, which I have. I have downloaded the files and got the demo licences, and I'm having some kind of problem with vi pro in projects that did not have the MIRx reverb. I have no trouble in opening vienna ensemble and adding a new vi pro instance, with the MIRX present in it, but my old projects, even though I have the latest update to vi pro and vienna ensemble and vienna instruments, the MIRX reverb is not present in the vi pro instance. I thought that maybe I would try "converting the project to vi pro" as a workaround to fix it ,but that did not work, so I'm not sure what to do.

I'm not sure what's causing this. Has anyone ideas how to change this?

Thanks for any ideas someone may have.

Steve 😊

Hi Steve,

Please read this message from Paul. 😊

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi Steve, 

@Steve Martin said:

I have no trouble in opening vienna ensemble and adding a new vi pro instance, with the MIRX present in it, but my old projects, even though I have the latest update to vi pro and vienna ensemble and vienna instruments, the MIRX reverb is not present in the vi pro instance.

Please check again that you are using the latest version of VI PRO (2.4.12535)

If that´s not it, please send such a song to me at , as a zip file. 

Best, 

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Sami, 

@Sami Boman said:

Hi,

I've noticed some differences in the natural volume overview of the MIRx manual compared to MIR's natural volume button in VE PRO 5. For example violins orchestra dB offset in the manual is -12 and in VE PRO 5 it's -13,5. Violins appassionata is in the manual -6 and in VE PRO 5 it's -5. Why is this? Is there something I'm not getting?

Well observed. Herb decided to adjust the  Natural Volume values for MIRx a little bit, that´s all. These values should serve as an orientation for your mixes, they are not the "absolute truth". 

Best, 

Paul

• Hi Paul,

yes, thanks for that.[:D]  I'm now using the latest version.

many thanks,

Steve[:D]