Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,353 users have contributed to 42,221 threads and 254,765 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• Oh God, I'm speechless! I would love to try out the beta. Thanks so much VSL. ... So when shall we expect to try the beta?! Can't wait :)

• WOWSA... SIGN ME UP!!!!

Will there be an Android version? I had a chance to try a beta Galaxy Nexus... which is like a Kindle form factor (which I like better---more compact.) I would buy one tomorrow if VSL had an app... as you know there are almost zero Android DAW-related apps.

QUESTION: When you say it's meant for VI Pro, don't you really mean Vienna Ensemble? I mean, most of us are, I assume, running multiple VI's within VEP. My biggest ongoing frustration with VSL is having to dedicate a display to VEP so I can see what's going on. But if I could run the entire orchestra (VEP) from my 'pad', PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! But if I still have to switch active VI's from my display that's not as big a help.

TIA,

---JC

• Very interested please contact me.

Cheers!

• Hi guys, 

Thanks for your feedback, you´re all on the list of course. 

Also, thanks for your patience!

The good thing about this little extra-time is that you´ll get a pretty solid beta to test [:)]

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Paul,

Speaking for myself, take your time... None of us saw this coming.   [H]

• For anyone interested... The way I do the inputing in Digital Performer.  I use a Lemur and a MC Transport (control surface transport)

I made a macro in QuickKeys that is triggered by a programed buttons on a Euphonix MC Transport.  (it can send Mac key strokes)

Button Push 1) opens the Step sequencing input window for my record-enabled MIDI track and selects and event length of 1/32 note

Button Push 2) I push a button on the Lemur that sends a controller message with x value to trigger articulation, and put the controller # and             value in the step sequencer.

Button Push 3) Push button on Euphonix to execute one step, then close the window.

It has been very fast working this way, three buttons to enter an articulation at my cursor. and I love having a 7x12 lighted grid with the names of my 84 articulations on the buttons. 

• Gotta love Euphonix.... 

• I love to beta test too

Thanks

•  Any chance this will not be *only* on IOS but rather also WinRT & Android?

Cheers,

Mich

• I would LOVE to be added to the Beta test! And again you are showing that you really are at the epicenter of technological development to the Virtual Orchestral industry. Kind Regards Alex

• Mspape,

Herb said in his announcement... The iPad app will run on all tablets.

• Put me down for the the beta test if you could. thanks

• Me too wanna beta test (will stop Lemuring on this one [:)] ) - please include me in the program

MM

• Hello

i as well would welcome beta testing on my rig.

Regards

Krzysztof Szychowski

•  Hi,

He wrote "on all other pads" - AFAIK, no other tablets but macs call themselves "pads", presumably because of trademarks. It also stands to reason, since iOS, Android and WinRT share very little in common. I have the greatest respect for the coders behind Vienna products, but an iPad app can't even be installed (AppStore and Windows Marketplace being proprietary), let alone *run* on other tablets. Unless it's built as a really, really fancy HTML5 website, but I rather doubt that. A very fancy cross-platform plug-in environment would be an awesome development, though, so if this be the case, I'd like to hear more!

Best,

Michiel

• I would like to be included in beta test also.

Thanks,

• Sign me up for beta testing please.

Regards

Dave Hage

• Happy to beta test, sign me up too!

Thanks,

Stakula

• Count me in for beta testing a VI Pro-controlling iPad app.  I use the latest Ipad (v3).

I was working on a 3DConnexion SpacePilot (http://www.3dconnexion.com/) solution...

• Mspape,

You're correct that Herb said "it will be compatible with any other Pads."

As there is only one Pad, I assumed he meant Tablets.

If in fact it is cross platform, (and I feel it will be) identifying it early as an iPad App is not such a bad thing...

AfterAll, the iPhone / iPad did pave the way for so many other devices.