Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,036 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,974 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• I have No issues in LPX , Studio One, Ableton Live.

• I've found another form of a work around.  (dare I call it a fix)

I have an insanely large template 1000+ instruments spread accros 6 VEP instances.  I found that not all of the 6 instances were getting CPU spikes during tempo ramps.

I then narrowed it down further by disabling external sync in Kontakt to find specific kontakt instruments that would cause spikes.  I found that in my case Action Strings were causing the spike.  If I removed them - I no longer have spikes during tempo changes.

So I'm going to go through my whole template and find patches that are tempo sync'd and causing this spike issue.  I'll then place them on a seperate VEP which I'll know to disable if I'm gonna have a tempo ramp.

I'll just have to learn to not write with those specific patches during a cue with a tempo ramp. But this way it frees up the rest of my 1000 instruments and "quarenteens" the few problem children.

I'd be curious to see if this helps anyone else.

• I have things which do not cause a problem at all, with extensive tempo track changes. I verified the Scarbee Clav., which went nuts. I needed sync for one project and Sonic Couture Broken Wurli was a slight problem in spots. Now, a workaround for me is easier because I don't have any midi track set to musical time; the timeline is warped to what the music is rather than to change tempo for tracks. So, I just deleted the tempo markers where there was a little bit of breakup. Interestingly enough, there weren't but a few spots where this occurred. I eliminated all other possible causes and those deletions cured it. So I wonder about a purported fix by NI as it isn't a SNAFU with Cubase sync + Kontakt delay per se. 

• I was experiencing the problem with jump changes in the tempo track, NB.

• What are people now doing in order to avoid glitches with Cubase/Nuendo tempo changes?

I have an orchestral track which needs lots of tempo changes and every time Cubase/Nuendo hits a tempo change node, I get CPU overs and glitches.  I've even had the odd crash.

I'm using VE Pro servers on 3 different systems, albeit with Kontakt instances only running on 2 systems (probably about 70 Kontakt instances total).  Do I need to go through every Kontakt instance and disable ext tempo sync for each one, and will that do the trick?

Many thanks for any help.

Jules