Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,738 users have contributed to 42,255 threads and 254,897 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 4 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• If you connect your Macmini direcly on the Macpro and you follow what I have suggest you to do, your Macpro will be on the same network than your router (usaly it is 192.168.xx.xx), and your Macmini will be on a different network number

This is what is happening when I connect my two Macpro

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Thanks for hanging in there with me. These machines have always been on a separate wired network (I use wifi for internet), with a dedicated Ethernet switch for them and an additional PC. So - no "household" router is in use for these machines.

Are you thinking there is something wrong about my Mini IP address setting?

• I have told you :

on the Macmini you must set it 1st with "using DHCP", note all the figures and set it to "manually" and key all the values you have noted Smile

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Yes - I did exactly that yesterday, but it didn't work. I then reverted back to my original manual IP address because I am in the middle of a project where the Logic file needs the original IP address in order to reload a preserved VEP instance.

• It looks like I've finally figured out the problem. In the Mac Pro's Audio MIDI Setup app, I had an enabled "Session" in the Network MIDI section, which I used to use in a previous multi-CPU rig. On a whim, I disabled the session, rebooted Logic and VE PRO on the Mac Mini, and the instances now publish to the Mac Pro. A good troubleshooting day...