Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,693 users have contributed to 42,668 threads and 256,812 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 4 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• If you connect your Macmini direcly on the Macpro and you follow what I have suggest you to do, your Macpro will be on the same network than your router (usaly it is 192.168.xx.xx), and your Macmini will be on a different network number

This is what is happening when I connect my two Macpro

• Thanks for hanging in there with me. These machines have always been on a separate wired network (I use wifi for internet), with a dedicated Ethernet switch for them and an additional PC. So - no "household" router is in use for these machines.

Are you thinking there is something wrong about my Mini IP address setting?

• I have told you :

on the Macmini you must set it 1st with "using DHCP", note all the figures and set it to "manually" and key all the values you have noted Smile

• Yes - I did exactly that yesterday, but it didn't work. I then reverted back to my original manual IP address because I am in the middle of a project where the Logic file needs the original IP address in order to reload a preserved VEP instance.

• It looks like I've finally figured out the problem. In the Mac Pro's Audio MIDI Setup app, I had an enabled "Session" in the Network MIDI section, which I used to use in a previous multi-CPU rig. On a whim, I disabled the session, rebooted Logic and VE PRO on the Mac Mini, and the instances now publish to the Mac Pro. A good troubleshooting day...