Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,693 users have contributed to 42,668 threads and 256,812 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 4 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Hi again ... all this is correct... network between Mac and PC seems to be fully operational... it's just as if VEP was not seeing network... maybe the only thing i can think about is that i'm using a straight (and not crossed) ethernet cable ... but then why it would have work this morning ? i checked the link you gave me but this guy had more a save problem than real network problem ... what i really don't understand... is that it was working, and then i wangled the IP that you gave me ... and then when i went back to the first ips... nothing worked anymore... but i didn't change anything else !!! :( i'm plugged straight to the ethernet 1 port to the pc (i've try the #2 but it's the same...) i even deactivated my wifi connection for the mac to not confuse.... Really it's just like if VEP didn't wanna see the network.... my i activate a share or anything on mac ? (i have activate file sharing to check network... but nothing else...) thx for your help.

• You're right, usually you don't need a crossover cable in a gigabit LAN - particularly with regard to the working connection this morning.

I'm puzzled... hopefully one of the seniors here can jump in and help

• yes that would be nice. :-/ cause i start thinking i bought an extra pc and a VEP for nothing .... can't understand why it's not as easy as it look like regarding to the user manual .. :-/ but thx for your help anyway...

• DAMN !!!!!! Little Snitch...... !!!! ok guys ... sorry for have stupidly disturb you... i have check everything but forgot i had "little Snitch" switched on.... and for unknown reason... it was stopping protools connection.... i authorized the connection back and everything is working well now... Thx Ewo for your help, your last message with the list made me think about it... Best Regards.

• Luckily you found it... I was close to belive in witchcraft and wizardry  [;)]

Much fun and success

/ewo

• thx u :) damn this software is simply incredible.... once it's launched.... :) Sylvain

• I'm glad the issue was solved, but a variation of this problem remains for me. My host is a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard and Logic. The slave machine is a new Mac Mini Server running Lion. All versions of VEPro are the same. When I load VEPro into Logic, it won't display any instances from the Mini Server. If I manually establish a connection, it works fine, but obviously is a pain and extra work, especially when starting new projects. Both machines are on static IP addresses, etc. I've tried 64 and 32 bit variations: neither will display instances. If I run VEPro Server within the host Mac, the plug-in will see those "internal" instances.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Hi, did you try turning off all wifi devices, for some reason this can get in the way of instance broadcasting, but will still let you manually connect.

• on the Macmini you must set it 1st with "using DHCP", note all the figures and set it to "manually" and key all the values you have noted [:)]

• Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I had turned wifi off on both machines, and it didn't fix the issue.

• Thank you: I tried this, but it doesn't fix the issue. I can still manually connect to the new IP address, though.

• What are the IP of the master and the slave ?

• Mac Pro (master) is 169.254.173.204

Mac Mini (slave) is 169.254.193.224

• If you connect your Macmini direcly on the Macpro and you follow what I have suggest you to do, your Macpro will be on the same network than your router (usaly it is 192.168.xx.xx), and your Macmini will be on a different network number

This is what is happening when I connect my two Macpro

• Thanks for hanging in there with me. These machines have always been on a separate wired network (I use wifi for internet), with a dedicated Ethernet switch for them and an additional PC. So - no "household" router is in use for these machines.

Are you thinking there is something wrong about my Mini IP address setting?

• I have told you :

on the Macmini you must set it 1st with "using DHCP", note all the figures and set it to "manually" and key all the values you have noted Smile

• Yes - I did exactly that yesterday, but it didn't work. I then reverted back to my original manual IP address because I am in the middle of a project where the Logic file needs the original IP address in order to reload a preserved VEP instance.

• It looks like I've finally figured out the problem. In the Mac Pro's Audio MIDI Setup app, I had an enabled "Session" in the Network MIDI section, which I used to use in a previous multi-CPU rig. On a whim, I disabled the session, rebooted Logic and VE PRO on the Mac Mini, and the instances now publish to the Mac Pro. A good troubleshooting day...