Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,119 users have contributed to 42,649 threads and 256,716 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@pat brooks said:

sorry, midi is not a programming language, and that distinction is not splitting hairs. At least not to a programmer :)

O.K., I stand corrected. 

• I had better not post anything more here.  I'll leave it to Cyril and the experts.  What do I know?  I'm only a musician.  I know some scales. 

• +1

'Only' a musician? I'd put the skills it takes to make good music right up there with brain surgeon and nuclear physicist. But I sure as heck don't want to  -think- like a scientist. Being creative takes up all the brain space I got.

So if you could listen to my demo (in the post on slurs) I'd hold ya in even -higher- esteem than I already do. [:D] (Until this forum allows me to send ya an e-drink, flattery's all I got for incentives.)

---JC

• [quote=William]

One other thing Cyril, that last post of yours is not impressive, it is simply stultifying.  I assume your purpose is to bore people so intensely that they simply give up arguing?  If so, you can congratulate yourself on a job well done. 

William,

I have spend a lot of time to write the previous mail to explain to you the difference between a programming language and a protocol so you don't die idiot, and instead of thanking me you are insulting me !!!

Many thanks !

Cyril

•  Cyril,  maybe it is a language thing,  but you do come across rather egotistical, I think that is why you get a hard time sometimes.

I have a notice up on the wall in  my studio, which many read and reconsider what they are about to say:-

Those people who think they know everything
    Are annoying to those of us that do.

[:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@andyjh said:

Those people who think they know everything

Are annoying to those of us that do.

I keep my mouth shut on subject I dont know.

I help only on subject I know.

A lot of people are saying "thanks" for my help

I have quite a few people speaking directly to me by mail or by phone, lately I have send a Logic template to help to understand Event edit and IAC !

I was trying help William to understand !  Too bad ! I have spend my time for nothing !

• Cyril I thought you were trying to be a smart aleck. I got rid of that post by the way but you put it back on.  Anyway I realize you are correct about the nomenclature.

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

Cyril I thought you were trying to be a smart aleck. I got rid of that post by the way but you put it back on.  Anyway I realize you are correct about the nomenclature.

you deleted too late, so it was sent to everybody that have subscribe to this tread

•  Well you could easily edit that out but you don't want to, which is fine with me.  It is all trivia.