Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,392 users have contributed to 42,296 threads and 255,064 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Karel - will the VEP update help with Logic as well? I'm having the exact same issue and have to manually move my bounced waves every time I render midi to audio within Logic. Thank you for your help

• Are you sure you have latency compensation enabled in Logic? There should be no issues with latency compensation in Logic, though a start/stop of transport may be required after a latency change.

• Yes plugin latency compensation in Logic is set to ALL. My VEP instances in logic have 2 Buffers. If I turn the VEP buffers off my CPU goes really high.

• last edited
    last edited

@Arceo said:

Hello Martin...

P.S.

Since you got in contact with MOTU, did you two cope with the Event Plugin/No Bounce to Disc issue? Are you (or are you aware if MOTU team is) working on a solution even for this hick up? Thanks again.

Just a little bump! 😉

• last edited
    last edited

@Arceo said:

Hello Martin...

P.S.

Since you got in contact with MOTU, did you two cope with the Event Plugin/No Bounce to Disc issue? Are you (or are you aware if MOTU team is) working on a solution even for this hick up? Thanks again.

Just a little bump! 😉

Another little tiny bump!

...the last one, I promise!!! [;)]

• Hi everyone ,

I can confirm that VEPro 5 latest versions (after 5.0.10068 ) and using the Audio Event input in Logic to send audio to my MIR PC  slave do not compensate correctly ; at a setting of more than 0 buffers in the server interface. audio is always too late and at 4 buffers it is quite unuseable , even when entering a negative delay  on the audio track , corresponding to the sample delay displayed by the new server interfacei  I have to search a lot to find the right offset 

I have experimented with Pro Tools 9 as well and i get the same results , more buffers more delay

I have tried everything ; just went back to the old 5.0.10068 version which works better for me

If this is a bug I am quite amazed that it still exists in the newest versions !!! 

Cheers

• Was this issue ever resolved? I'm on DP8.06, controlling Kontakt and G-Player instruments hosted in VEPro5 (all software are latest update) on external Mac Minis via Network MIDI and audio. Latency on All VE Pro Instance plugins is set to Zero but there is still latency. I'm having to use MIDI Shift plugins on ALL my MIDI tracks that control the VE Pro instruments. Has the issue of the non-functioning ADC in DP been fixed with regard VEPro 5. If so, why is it still giving me latency? Thanks