Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,138 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,985 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• @Martin: You're right of course, I acknowledged as much in the P.S.

@Jasen: Sorry, I guess I was a little early for April fool's. Don't panic! (There are religious sects around today that still believe the planet is flat and that anything else is a conspiracy).

@PaulR: Thanks for the laughs, the Brits of course remain the masters of humour.

• OK - this post has degenerated into absurdity, nastiness, intellectual smugness, and all the other things that internet chat can become because people don't really know each other and feel comfortable being uncivil.

I got the answers I wanted within the first three posts, after that it turned into a pissing contest between PC and MAC users, and just got ugly.

I'm embarrassed by having taken part in it and I wish I had never started it.  I will think long and hard before ever posting a question to this forum again.

If there is a way the entire thing could be deleted, please let me know and I'll do it.

Sincerely,

Mike Coyle

• Blog 1.

I phoned my tech man today at approximately 12.30 pm GMT.

He was not there. [:@]

I left a message.

• last edited
    last edited

@jasensmith said:

Wait a minute here!  Hooooold everything!  Are you guys telling me that the world is round?  Not flat?  Ha! Ha! Ha!    Oh you Jokesters kill me!

"The world is round."  Yeah right!  That's why I love coming to the VSL Forum Comedy Calvacade.  It's just non-stop shenanigans and hilarity.  "Intellectuals?" more like comedians.  LOL.

Jasen, I'm glad you are enjoying this, it is a shame that much of the thread turned into some weird exercise in pseudo-intellectual show-and-tell...a sort of poor man's "disputatio de quodlibet."  I do thank you, however, for answering my original question seriously.  I have come out of it with the machine I wanted.  However, as I said in my prior post, I will be very careful and think long and hard before posting to a VSL forum.

At points this reminded me of some of those early email lists or fora I belonged to which seemed to always turn ugly by attracting people with rather combative natures and, perhaps, narcissistic personality disorder (albeit, they could be quite smart at times).

Anyway, thanks again for your assessment of ADK.  They were great and I'm grateful for that.

Mike Coyle

• Astro, as stated earlier in the thread, ADK really is a good company.  You will not regret going with them.

Please do post future questions, one actually can get some very good advice here in most instances.

• Blog 2

I have not been able to get through to tech man.

Things are becoming desperate.

I may have to leave the house for the first time in 12 years. [:'(]

•    I think seriousness or formal predication is the center point mediant, in arbitrary conscience, in which at one, the intellect uses creativly to communicate with and be aware for survival sake, as a civilized human being. Thus harboring both sides and elements of the human species as infinite, as freedom is. Education, if lost will be the demise of any civilization...  please pass the gray poupon, popou. poupooopon..pass it onnn...pouponnn po poua.. po pouuu, foooo foo.. paulR.. po  poopoooun, popoury po popaunn.  pury paupoo....

• post here in years to say: that is all.