Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,221 users have contributed to 42,284 threads and 255,018 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Karel?

• There have been no changes to the VE Pro plugins and their network protocol for quite some time. The Audio/Event Input plugin not being able to bounce is an inherent limitation from the way the DP audio engine works, so the feature should be used at own risk, knowing that offline bouncing is impossible. This is something we cannot change on our side, and we can't expect the DP developers to change the way their engine works either, as it is most likely a non-trivial exception to make.

• Sounds like the U.S. Congress.

It worked beautifully for a while - then I upgraded something - pretty sure it was VEPro, but it may have been something else - and it broke.

Motu's user base is made up largely of film composers like me, so maybe they'll address the issue. If it all gets working it would be an unbeatable combination - DP/VEPro.

Has any more thought been given to an MAS version?

• We've checked out the MAS SDK a bit, but it is a rather huge undertaking to support it. Perhaps something for a future version, but no promises...

• Karel, thanks a lot for being so clear on the subject, I do apreciate it!

Now let's hope that you can find the time to deepen the MAS protocol development. As has already been stated, the DP user base is quite crowded by musicians that work with video; hence we have big tracks count, and a DP/VEPRO setup perfectly running would be a bless!

Thanks again for your time

Arceo