Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,575 users have contributed to 42,241 threads and 254,850 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• If not already DP users need to be warned of this issue. It just totally screwed up a deadline of mine!!

• This will indeed be included in the manual and should have been from the beginning. My apologies.

• last edited
    last edited

@haydnwalker said:

If not already DP users need to be warned of this issue. It just totally screwed up a deadline of mine!!

Sorry to hear that.. 😞

Didn't "Freeze" turned helpful for your job?

Anyway I hope that Karel and his team wil soon address this issue.

Best Wishes

Arceo

• Hi Karel,

any news about Bounce to Disk addressing issue?

I could really make use of it in a project that starts in a week...

Please let me know, thank you.

Arceo

• Unfortunately it seems that this issue is unlikely to be solved due to the way DP handles bouncing, so when using Audio/Event Input plugins in DP, freezing first is the only option at this point. I'll have a look at the viability of a MAS version of the VE Pro 5 Server Interface, which will at least circumvent the single MIDI input port limitation of AU without breaking bounce to disk functionality.

• I for one am EXTREMELY excited to have the new VE Pro 5 functionality in DP!!!

Kudos to the VSL team for really listening to their users who have lobbied for a solution to the midi port issue for years now.

Bounce to disk is a non issue for me as I always submix everything down to a final stereo track (and stems) and run a print in real time anyway. The freezing tracks is also an acceptable workaround as I can freeze all my VI's in one pass if need be.

You guys are awesome and I just wanted to land some positive feedback as we often only comment in forums when things are exibiting problems.

cheers!

• I'm a very happy DP7 user working with VEP5.

I don't use bounce though - I bus the inputs directly to stems in real time which is something DP can do which Logic and Cubase can't. I go from up to 90 or so VEP inputs to 12 mix stems then down to 3 delivery stems all in a single pass. I found that when I bounced mixes, too often there were glitches so Id have to review the mix anyway so I decided at least mixing to stems in real time, I know the whole mix is clean and it doesn't take any longer than checking the mixes. I still freeze things from VEP and that works fine but I wouldn't do that with each line of a mix unless I was going to prepare prerecords for a protools sessions when working with live players and mixing in an outside studio. Freezing works really well for that.

I'm far more frustrated by DP's lack of 64bit which is causing daily problems. (sigh)

• last edited
    last edited

@flashman said:

I'm a very happy DP7 user working with VEP5.

I don't use bounce though - I bus the inputs directly to stems in real time which is something DP can do which Logic and Cubase can't.

What makes you think that Cubase can't do this?

DG

• Really can Cubase do that? I never found a way of doing that, but I will go and have another look. I know Logic can't (unless you use Apogee Symphony and VBus). I have to say I'm really impressed with Cubase overall and if I moved off DP then I think Cubase would be a safer bet than Logic at the moment.

• last edited
    last edited

@flashman said:

Really can Cubase do that? I never found a way of doing that, but I will go and have another look. I know Logic can't (unless you use Apogee Symphony and VBus). I have to say I'm really impressed with Cubase overall and if I moved off DP then I think Cubase would be a safer bet than Logic at the moment.

Cubase can record directly to an audio track from a Group track or an output (real, or dummy), so recording stems in real time is easy. . Let me know if you want to try it, and I'll talk you through it.

Cubase can also do a quick bounce of stems as well, for those people who don't want to listen to their music as it goes down.

DG

• Wow. I should spend more time with it. Our first impressions were that Cubase worked really well with VEP5 but most of us here are DP or Logic so we're not using Cubase day in day out. Another tick in the box for Steinberg.

• MAS version would be amazing! Maybe someday Apple will update the AU architecture to include multiple midi ports, but probably not anytime soon.

• While I'm not using VEP 5 yet, I am able to get around the no Bounce feature by printing live into my session. I then disconnect Instances of VEP with a single click and am able to bounce to disk (which I do instead of exporting because I apply a mastering plugin). One of these days I will print in real time through the mastering plugin and just export as needed.

• Hi Flashman,

I'm a DP 7 user and I've put this out in the forums and even tech support, but no one has addressed it. I love VE Pro 5, but what I miss about multiple instances is being able to freeze multiple midi tracks into their own separate audio tracks for mixing in one pass. Can you tell me how to do this with VE Pro 5? Is there even a way to do this, or do I have to freeze each midi track separately, one by one.

Thanks!

• ... never mind, i figured it out. it astounds me how clueless i can be at times :)

• Any news on the viability of an MAS version?

• Karel, I don't know which - or what combination of the two - it might be? But tonight, using the newest VEPro5 (11548) and the newest Digital Performer (8), I *was* able to bounce a midi track to audio in DP! Did this get recently fixed?

• I'm installing DP8 now to do some formal tests.

• Hi Karel,

any final word on your tests?

Thanks in advance!

Arceo

• Willie, just to clarify, we've always been able to bounce normal MIDI tracks going to the first 16 channels of a VEP instance. The question is whether we can bounce MIDI tracks using VEP Event Input to more than the first 16. Can you confirm whether that's what you did? I was holding off on buying DP* as I normally wait for the .1 update of any software, but if you're bouncing Event Input tracks, I'll order today!