Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,384 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,774 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Hi Gust, 

How about higher latency of your soundcard or increasing the network buffer in the Server Interface?

Is this about recording latency, playback latency or both? 
    Also, which CPU, soundcards and drivers are you using?

Best,

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hey,

would like to try out the MIR 24 demo vst.

Am I right that I have to install VE PRO 5 as well in order to get MIR as VST version?

I once tried VE PRO 5 and now don't have the possibility to download it again.

Is there a chance to try MIR 24 without dloading VEP5?

Or am I "totally on the woodway"? ;-)

Cheers,

Thorsten

• last edited
    last edited

@Angel said:

Hey,

would like to try out the MIR 24 demo vst.

Am I right that I have to install VE PRO 5 as well in order to get MIR as VST version?

I once tried VE PRO 5 and now don't have the possibility to download it again.

Is there a chance to try MIR 24 without dloading VEP5?

Or am I "totally on the woodway"? 😉

Cheers,

Thorsten

If VSL's intent is to sell the MIR plugin separately from VEP 5.....  I would think that with no VEP 5 license present, the only option is the plugin.

• to be honest.. that was indeed my question ;)

Is there a way to download the plugin-version seperately? Only found the VEP-download which includes MIR

• Only VSL can say with any degree of certainty, but I'm willing to bet your download will include VEP 5 but that's not a problem because VEP is not needed to run the plugin version of MIR...

Remember your VEP 5 demo? When you downloaded that, MIR was embedded but without a MIR license MIR remained hidden.

Also there is a new Beta version of MIR that may be available to you as the plugin trial version.... Either way you're good.

• Sounds great. Thanks for your answers, Mike.

All the best,

Thorsten

• I have the current version of VEP (5.1.11716), an activated MIR demo license and the Demo Room Pack installed but there is no MIR tab appearing when VEP is running. How do I get this to work? Mac OS 10.6.8. Quad Core Intel Xeon.

• Does the splash-screen say "MIR Pro ready", or is the MIR-logo fully displayed after launching VE Pro? The former case would indicate that there's something worng with the license (... did you install all the latest eLicenser-drivers already?).

Assuming that the license itself is not the problem - can you open MIR Pro's GUI from the "View"-pulldown in the main menu bar?

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • It was my mistake. I had (wrongly) assumed that VEP had MIR incorporated within the standard install and that the license key would unlock the feature. Of course, when I returned to the website I discovered the actual MIR install software which I've now successfully applied and everything is working as it should. The only downside: I have to read the manual...... :)

• Hi Paul, I have followed the steps in the instructions you gave re: downloading a demo license to test MIR Pro. However, when I run the eLicense control center and enter the activation code, I receive this message: "A communication problem occurred while accessing the license server. Please try again after downloading and installing the latest version of the eLicenser Control software from , or contact your software vendor's support department in case the problem persists." I have tried to download the license several times but each time I get the same message. I am running the latest eLicensor Control Center. Is there something else I can do to download the demo license? Thanks, James UPDATE - I was able to get it working from a different computer. Thanks anyway though.

• Hi James,

sorry that nobody replied to your message. Paul is working at NAMM show right now, and I simply missed it. 8-/ ... good to hear that you were able to solve the problem on your own.

In any case - it's always a good idea to get in contact with  to solve individual issues like yours, rather than just posting to the forum. :-)

Kind regards,

• Is there any way to download just the mystic spaces to try it out? (I don't want the Konzerthaus until I buy, but I do really want to try out the mystic.) Thanks!

• You can't actually demo a RoomPack, sorry to say so - but all of the pre-rendered Venue Previews are available online, too:

-> http://www.vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1687/365/1930/1583.htm

In combination with the freely available RoomPack Manual you should be able to get a feel for the sound and the possibilities of Mystic Spaces:

-> http://dl.vsl.co.at/downloader.aspx?ID=3639

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

[<:o)] UPDATE: Demo Licenses for all RoomPacks are now available on the RoomPack Product Pages (click "Try"):

ENJOY!!

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • OK but I bought MIR month ago when the Koncerthaus was available with every MIr purchase. Now, I dont see download files for Koncerthaus on my account. I have copy of install on my disk but if I need to download it again I must buy it? Please fix it, customers who bought MIR before this change should access this roompack for free. Thank you

• You don't have to buy anything you own already, don't despair. :-) RoomPack 1's license has been detached from the global MIR Pro license, that's all.

Kind regards,

• So from where I can download it? By pressing the Try button? thank you

• The old Konzerthaus downloadfiles for existing users of MIR PRO will be available again on Mai 1st. (when the offer period is over)

At the moment only the new files which need the "Konzerthaus Roompack license" are online.

If you need the download files before Mai 1st just send a request to our support team.

best

Herb

• Thank you Herb for clarification [:)]

• Trying to demo MIR Pro. Installed MIR, the trial Roompack and the trial Roompack 1. Also downloaded the trial licenses for MIR and RP1 to my eLicenser. Set the room pack directory in MIR preferences. MIR continues to complain that I have no licensed roompacks installed when I attempt to select a venue with the plugin in Logic X. Things appear to work properly if I invoke MIR from VEP5. Is there a Logic X issue? UPDATE After using MIR in VEP5 standalone mode, I closed VEP and reopened Logic and the MIR plugin found the venues fine. Seems to be some sort of initialization buglet. No big deal - FYI