Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,925 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Hello Paul,

I'm frustrated that I can't get the demo of MIR 24. It is telling me that "I already have too many demo licenses", to which I say, "No way!" Because I never get a demo. I'm so eager to buy. But this time the guys at Ilio urged me to do a "TRY".

So, what's going on here?

Sincerely,

Les

• Hello les, 

Frustration is a terrible thing. 

However, someone has ordered a demo license under your account on the 6th of April, which I have just resent to your registered email address. 

We allow 1 demo license for MIR PRO for each user. 

If any further questions pop up, please feel free to contact us at

EDIT: I just checked again, and this demo license has also been downloaded onto your key on the 7th of April, so the activation code won´t work anymore. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I am new to VSL and am trying to test it. So far, I installed

- VE PRO 5, got demo license

- MIR PRO, got demo license

- VI PRO 2, got demo license

I was hoping that the Epic Orchestra would be usable with the demo licenses, before committing to purchase any instruments, or collections. I don't seem to find how the Epic Orchestra is used with the demo licenses. There is no 'try' button in the Products page.

• you can always send audio tracks to VE PRO/ MIR  [;)]

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Based on the howto from Tobias Escher's Orchestral Template, I wanted to test the whole flow from sequencer (Logic 9) midi -> VE Pro 5 plugin (local and networked servers) / MIR / VI / VI Pro 2 -> host audio, not just the MIR effects engine :)

I found it mentioned on http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/428/1093.vsl that you only get the Epic Orchestra with a permanent license. Oh well, will probably have to buy it then.

Sandra

• Hi all, I can't test the demo version of VE5/MIR24 because I got a popup telling me It remains only 25 times for trial. I can choose "Ignore" or "Ok". But every time I click on one or other button, the popup reappears and VEP can't launch. So is there a way to fix the bug because I can't test MIR24 at all. Thanks a lot for your help Joffrey

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Hicks,

Did you update all involved software ( VE PRO 5, VI PRO, VI) and the eLCC software?

This bug was fixed quite a while ago...

Best,

Paul

• Paul

I just purchased the pro version of MIR2 and I have loaded up a track of

vsl strings violins

trillian bass

omnisphere

kontackt

audio live trumpet

audio live drums mixed to stereo

storm drum 2

I have 40 gigs of ram on windows 7 with two intel xeon processors and the popping is relentless. Any suggestions. I also increased the threads. When I mix down there are no pops and this occurs in Cubase 6 64 bit. All levels are good. Sometimes whn I go into the task manger there are two instances of v5 pro running.

Gust

• Hi Gust, 

How about higher latency of your soundcard or increasing the network buffer in the Server Interface?

Is this about recording latency, playback latency or both? 
    Also, which CPU, soundcards and drivers are you using?

Best,

Paul 

• Hey,

would like to try out the MIR 24 demo vst.

Am I right that I have to install VE PRO 5 as well in order to get MIR as VST version?

I once tried VE PRO 5 and now don't have the possibility to download it again.

Is there a chance to try MIR 24 without dloading VEP5?

Or am I "totally on the woodway"? ;-)

Cheers,

Thorsten

• last edited
    last edited

@Angel said:

Hey,

would like to try out the MIR 24 demo vst.

Am I right that I have to install VE PRO 5 as well in order to get MIR as VST version?

I once tried VE PRO 5 and now don't have the possibility to download it again.

Is there a chance to try MIR 24 without dloading VEP5?

Or am I "totally on the woodway"? 😉

Cheers,

Thorsten

If VSL's intent is to sell the MIR plugin separately from VEP 5.....  I would think that with no VEP 5 license present, the only option is the plugin.

• to be honest.. that was indeed my question ;)

Is there a way to download the plugin-version seperately? Only found the VEP-download which includes MIR

• Only VSL can say with any degree of certainty, but I'm willing to bet your download will include VEP 5 but that's not a problem because VEP is not needed to run the plugin version of MIR...

Remember your VEP 5 demo? When you downloaded that, MIR was embedded but without a MIR license MIR remained hidden.

Also there is a new Beta version of MIR that may be available to you as the plugin trial version.... Either way you're good.

• Sounds great. Thanks for your answers, Mike.

All the best,

Thorsten

• I have the current version of VEP (5.1.11716), an activated MIR demo license and the Demo Room Pack installed but there is no MIR tab appearing when VEP is running. How do I get this to work? Mac OS 10.6.8. Quad Core Intel Xeon.

• Does the splash-screen say "MIR Pro ready", or is the MIR-logo fully displayed after launching VE Pro? The former case would indicate that there's something worng with the license (... did you install all the latest eLicenser-drivers already?).

Assuming that the license itself is not the problem - can you open MIR Pro's GUI from the "View"-pulldown in the main menu bar?

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • It was my mistake. I had (wrongly) assumed that VEP had MIR incorporated within the standard install and that the license key would unlock the feature. Of course, when I returned to the website I discovered the actual MIR install software which I've now successfully applied and everything is working as it should. The only downside: I have to read the manual...... :)

• Hi Paul, I have followed the steps in the instructions you gave re: downloading a demo license to test MIR Pro. However, when I run the eLicense control center and enter the activation code, I receive this message: "A communication problem occurred while accessing the license server. Please try again after downloading and installing the latest version of the eLicenser Control software from , or contact your software vendor's support department in case the problem persists." I have tried to download the license several times but each time I get the same message. I am running the latest eLicensor Control Center. Is there something else I can do to download the demo license? Thanks, James UPDATE - I was able to get it working from a different computer. Thanks anyway though.

• Hi James,

sorry that nobody replied to your message. Paul is working at NAMM show right now, and I simply missed it. 8-/ ... good to hear that you were able to solve the problem on your own.

In any case - it's always a good idea to get in contact with  to solve individual issues like yours, rather than just posting to the forum. :-)

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Is there any way to download just the mystic spaces to try it out? (I don't want the Konzerthaus until I buy, but I do really want to try out the mystic.) Thanks!