Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,676 users have contributed to 42,253 threads and 254,888 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Unfortunately it sounds like you have to reinstall your solo strings, since your sound library is corrupted.

We will release an update today, that should take care of this issue for other users.

Thanks for your patience,

• Thanks Martin.

The fast responses from the VSL team are much appreciated!!  [:D]

One suggestion:

Maybe VSL should include some notes about the whole update process to VI Pro 2, including what to download (ie all the Library updates) and what order to install everything. I didn't find that in the VI Pro 2 manual.

• One more thing...

After installing the latest VI Pro 2, Vienna Ensemble and Vienna Instruments, I have 3 different versions of Directory Manager:

In VI Pro folder: v 2.1.9650

In Vienna Ensemble folder: v2.1.9621

In Vienna Instruments folder: v2.1.9624

Are these all different?

Which one to use...?

• They are actually all the same - you can use either. Just don't use the new updates with the OLD ViPro/VI/VE Directory Manager.

• I'm responding here as an update to my earlier posts.

I re-installed all the Solo Strings from the DVD's.

Previous problems are fixed now - clearly I had a bad installation before.

Except:

Solo Strings/Bass solo

Matrix: DB 01_basic (from the VI PRO 2 folder)

Cells A6, B6, C6 and D6 are all red (repetition patches).

I don't see any Fast Repetition patches for Solo Bass. The other strings all have a Fast Repetition folder with patches called fast-rep and ricochet.

???

Should there be fast-rep and ricochet patches for the bass too. Or is the new VI Pro 2 Matrix wrong?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi musos,

Your Library Manual will give you more information about all patches, matrices and presets.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

I had already looked in that manual and there are no fast-rep patches for the solo bass.

I load the matrix called DB 01_basic

This is what my screen looks like:

As you see, there's a column of red patches - the top one is currently selected.

The patch that should be loaded there is:

06 DB_fast-rep_long_150

That patch does not appear to exist in the Solo Strings package.

There are NO fast-rep patches for bass at all....

So, are there missing patches, or is the Matrix wrong?

• Sorry....user malfunction.

I checked the product pages for the Solo Strings packages and I see that the Bass Fast-rep patches are in Solo Strings 2.

I have Solo Strings 1 only, which is why these patches are missing on my system.

My thanks once again to the VSL team for their responses and willingness to assist and my sincere apologies for the time wasted.