Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,351 users have contributed to 42,293 threads and 255,053 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Wow Tomorrow? Usain Bolt should retire....

Thnaks Guys!!!

Regards

Nicolas

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

I've copied the already updated datfiles of the Solostrings which hold all Patches/Matrices/Presets to your "Personal files".

You have access to his zipfile in the USER AREA / OVERVIEW / Personal files.

Herb, thanks again, but I don't find any files in my personal area at all. (I am logged in....)

I've tried 2 browsers and this area is empty.

???

Or were you replying to someone else...?

• last edited
    last edited

@musos said:

Herb, thanks again, but I don't find any files in my personal area at all. (I am logged in....)

I've tried 2 browsers and this area is empty.

???

Or were you replying to someone else...?

Yes, I was replying to your post.

I've just checked uploading the file into my personal folder, and I can see it.

So the zip file shouldn't be the culprit.

If you can confirm that your user ID is 380 everything should be setup correctly from my side.

Filesize is 21 MB.

Filename "SoloStrings-I_datfiles", filesize 21 MB.

By the way, our developers might have found the reason for the update issues. Can you confirm that you've put the update files into directory manager before you've updated to Vienna Instruments PRO 2 (Windows) build 9650?

best

Herb

• Herb,

My user ID is my e-mail address - musos[at]icon.co.za 

I don't know anything about "380" [:S]

Regarding the update:

I think I only put the library updates into Directory Manager AFTER I updated to VI Pro2. Have I broken something?

I didn't see any instructions about the sequence of how to update.

Also, I'm on MacOS 10.6.8, not Windows.

Hope this helps to clear things up.

• Helo musos, 

Your User ID is 380. Please send a screenshot of what you see in your Personal Files folder to our Support Team, with a reference to this thread. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Today, the zip file is there. Maybe my browser was showing a cached page, though I did refresh it yesterday.

Many thanks to you and Herb!

• Okay, I've unzipped the file, and placed the new dat files in their correct folders.

I removed all the solo strings in Directory Manager, then added them back and even re-scanned just to be sure.

Here's what I find:

In the Matrix list for solo violin, there seem to be more matrices than before. However, only 2 of them will load. For most of them I get an error message like [Error laoding matrix VI 01_basic].

Most of the viola matrices do load but there are 2 that give the same message.

For cello, only the first one won't load (VC 01_basic)

Same with bass - the first one won't load (DB 01_basic)

As a result, I can't test further for the problems I reported before.

I randomly checked some older Solo Strings matrices and it seems I have missing patches everywhere. 

For example, in 05 VI Short+Long notes-All, over half the cells are red, showing missing patches.

Should I re-install all of the solo strings?

(My apologies for hijacking this topic with my problems)

• Unfortunately it sounds like you have to reinstall your solo strings, since your sound library is corrupted.

We will release an update today, that should take care of this issue for other users.

Thanks for your patience,

• Thanks Martin.

The fast responses from the VSL team are much appreciated!!  [:D]

One suggestion:

Maybe VSL should include some notes about the whole update process to VI Pro 2, including what to download (ie all the Library updates) and what order to install everything. I didn't find that in the VI Pro 2 manual.

• One more thing...

After installing the latest VI Pro 2, Vienna Ensemble and Vienna Instruments, I have 3 different versions of Directory Manager:

In VI Pro folder: v 2.1.9650

In Vienna Ensemble folder: v2.1.9621

In Vienna Instruments folder: v2.1.9624

Are these all different?

Which one to use...?

• They are actually all the same - you can use either. Just don't use the new updates with the OLD ViPro/VI/VE Directory Manager.

• I'm responding here as an update to my earlier posts.

I re-installed all the Solo Strings from the DVD's.

Previous problems are fixed now - clearly I had a bad installation before.

Except:

Solo Strings/Bass solo

Matrix: DB 01_basic (from the VI PRO 2 folder)

Cells A6, B6, C6 and D6 are all red (repetition patches).

I don't see any Fast Repetition patches for Solo Bass. The other strings all have a Fast Repetition folder with patches called fast-rep and ricochet.

???

Should there be fast-rep and ricochet patches for the bass too. Or is the new VI Pro 2 Matrix wrong?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi musos,

Your Library Manual will give you more information about all patches, matrices and presets.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

I had already looked in that manual and there are no fast-rep patches for the solo bass.

I load the matrix called DB 01_basic

This is what my screen looks like:

As you see, there's a column of red patches - the top one is currently selected.

The patch that should be loaded there is:

06 DB_fast-rep_long_150

That patch does not appear to exist in the Solo Strings package.

There are NO fast-rep patches for bass at all....

So, are there missing patches, or is the Matrix wrong?

• Sorry....user malfunction.

I checked the product pages for the Solo Strings packages and I see that the Bass Fast-rep patches are in Solo Strings 2.

I have Solo Strings 1 only, which is why these patches are missing on my system.

My thanks once again to the VSL team for their responses and willingness to assist and my sincere apologies for the time wasted.