Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,303 users have contributed to 42,291 threads and 255,041 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• I must admit, I've been considering selling my VSL libs and VI Pro (even asked support about the 'rules' for doing so).  I dunno now ... the new VI Pro might just make VSL the libraries "I think I need" again.  I will certainly wait to make up my mind fully after VIP2.

*cough* would probably seal the deal for me if an epic Dimension Strings was announced .. with separate 2nd violins ... and divisi sections *cough*

• You were WHAT?!

[:S]

Hey, I'm not judging.... 

[^o)]

:)

• Hello,

I only purchased VI Pro and VE Pro just 2 days ago. Will there be a grace period for recent customers to get a free upgrade?

Thank you,

Darren

• I don't know about VE Pro, but VI Pro 2 is supposed to be a free upgrade from VI Pro 1.

• Darren,

I doubt it. If someone bought VEP 5 months ago, or last month with a student discount... they are still paying to upgrade. So even though someone may buy VEP today, I would think they would as everyone will be paying the same in the end.

I think this concerns some people but I figure it this way.

DAW charges $100 for Version 5 and $100 for version 6 when it comes out. Paying $100 2 days before the new version comes out isn't fair as the company should have stopped selling the old version. So they offer the 30 days or something.

But VEP 5 is costing everyone to upgrade, including existing VEP 4 users. So where the new version couldn't have been purchased for the same price to begin with, offering a free upgrade doesn't seem likely. This is just how I view it anyway.

-Sean