Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,396 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,777 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• I get a slow load problem only when coupled.

•  Anyone tested if Play 3.0.21 makes any difference? And, yes, I'm a mid-projects coward ;-)

• I am running 3.0.21 - no difference.

• same problem here, not a good thing ....

• Same here... Play 3 works great standalone but inside VEpro I'm unable to load projects. I don't even start cubase or any host - still huge problems with loading. A

• Problematic here as well. Not good :(

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello Jmichael, 

can you give us a few more informations?

Who did you talk to at East West, and who did they contact at VSL? Also, which system is this happening on?

Best, 

Paul

"His name is Jonathan Kranz. Here is the thread... http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=37299 I'm just using the demo so I thought it might be a problem with just the demo version, but other people seem to be having this problem as well. I'm excited to buy VE Pro cause it works great, except for this one issue. And the epic orchestra pack is an amazing deal! Legato flute...oh man."

Where are we on this problem? Any confirmation from either side?

•  Just got HB and loading into VE Pro I have the same problem as everyone else. Everything is loading twice. I've not run into any other problems so far -- just the double-loading.

Mahlon

• I don't have any issue using Play 3.0.15 in VEP 64-bit v4.1.8008 standalone.  I can load as much stuff as I want, and it doesn't load the samples more than once (even on re-opening of file).  It's still kinda slow, but once stuff is loaded it's fine.

running 10.6.7 on 4,1 2.66GHz Octo macpro.

• Simon5413, gee I wonder why - maybe it's because we're discussin a PC issue, you are on a Mac...:)

• I thought it was a mac thread. I think most of the replies have been from mac users.

it works with no problem here still, no redundant loading, and it's pretty quick.

• I don't see any mention of Mac. This happens on both my PC's - not my Mac.

• I'm on Macs including the slaves.

Just to be clear, the issue here is that when you load a Play 3 setup, that single setup is loading samples twice? 

I have noticed a similar but different issue on Play 3. The first time I load up, all seems ok (although I am NOT specifically checking to see if things load twice. I have not been paying attention to this). BUT if I then remove a sound from Play 3 and replace with a new one, Play 3 reports memory shortage, and steals ALL the memory of my 24GB Mac. Play 3 is running a memory server of it's own, and this was also playing havoc wit the Kontakt 4 servers. I have removed Kontakt 4 servers for now as a work-around. Play't memory server is cannot be switched off as far as I can see. I am running Play 3 inside a 32 bit VEPro server at this time to also protect my Mac from memory implosion from Play 3.

I am VERY suspicious of the quality of programming at EW btw. 

B

• That's a different issue, Ben....

The issue is not isolated to PLAY - all plugins load their data twice in Vienna Ensemble Pro since build 8008 I believe. At least I know it happens with Kontakt 4 + PLAY on PC. It doesn't result in greater memory usage, it is just annoying as a template with a lot of PLAY patches will take 50-100% longer to load than it should (if you have "background loading" turned on in Kontakt, it won't load the samples twice). I believe they (VSL) are looking in to it for the next build.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

The new version is available in your User Area!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Paul, and this version fixes the loading twice problem, I presume? Awesome! Thanks!

• Hi Simon, 

ehm, yes [:)]

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Indeed, it works now:)

• Loading time is still terrible with PLAY v3.0.21 and the loading message window steals window focus every time a new sample is loaded. I hate PLAY with all my heart now.

• Loading with PLAY is actually very fast here, but that is from SSD.