Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,035 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,974 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Errikos said:

But I must say, I was impressed with the anvil/hammer sound, what library was that from?

I must admit I am not very happy with the woodwinds I currently have (not VSL). I am eagerly waiting for companies like Cinesamples, Audiobro and EW to come up with their woodwinds libraries. I am sure VSL woodwinds is the best you can have at the moment, its a bit too expensive for me to get right now..

I have layered quite a lot of different things from various sources in the hammer type percussion hits and such.. There is some stuff from Sonokinetic Tutti, Spitfire Percussion and then some Tonehammer percussions..

• For propriety reasons, only the first line in the above post was mine.

• never mind

• never mind

• I was wrong about the sound - sorry William I apologize.

•  That's O.K. 

• To Errikos:
    "If you can't notate/MIDI it yourself, it's NOT your music!"
    GREAT SENTENCE!!! IS IT YOURS????

• Yes, it originated as a comment in one of my polemic posts somewhere in the middle of this thread, and I decided to sport it as my signature in the vein hope that through repetition - as with subliminal messages - people might think thrice about what they are, what they do, how, and who they think they're kidding (including themselves).

I encourage its flagrant and unlimited proliferation.

• Maybe I didn't understand exactly that sentence, and I was mistaking being ironic. Please consider that messages that are too subliminal can be misunderstood by many people...

• So what is ambiguous about this sentence rendering its understanding difficult? It is its repetition I was comparing to subliminal messages, not the sentence itself. On the contrary, this sentence's/aphorism's message is crystal clear, with no intentional - and I believe no perceivable - irony about it. It means exactly what it says:

• sorry about that zombie-Davidsbundler-Zimmerian-Barbarian lapse...

• This is such a lovely and friendly forum. Genius indeed has side effects.

• Although to me it is self-evident what the message is, perhaps it is ambiguous to some. I don't wish to be misunderstood (by anyone who gives a crap what I say anyway):

My contention is that you either have to be able to notate your intentions, or if you can't read/write standard manuscript you then have to either be able to play everything in the sequencer, or if you're not a keyboardist, you have to be able to input every single MIDI event of your composition in step-time, with your mouse/keyboard, etc. ALL of it. 

If on the other hand you think that orchestral composition is anything like dragging several tempo-compatible Apple-loops to the Arrange Page and mixing them, i.e. creating a track out of OTHER PEOPLE'S ideas, then the following was certainly inspired by - as well as addressing - you:

• Ok thank you, now your opinion is clearer :)

• Hi Erik,

first of all thank's for your efford! Maybe I'm wrong but your LASS example on soundcloud sounds a lot like strings mono thru a stereo reverb. I have no relations with LASS at all. I just own the library as well, along with all of the other tested libraries and in their defense I must say I really think it can sound much better than this! ...well at least more stereo.

Best regards,

Oliver

• Hollywood Brass demos are up in the EW site. Have to say that HS and HB together sounds lush.