Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,755 users have contributed to 42,369 threads and 255,368 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 66 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

IT IS NOT A TOTALLY SMOOTH GLIDE.

Again, I never said it was.  I simply said that slurs can be done without hitting the partials between the notes, which is absolutely true as shown by the example I posted.  You're the one who compared it to a smooth glide or synth portamento, not me.

I have to say I'm baffled why you'd even bring up a thread from months ago on a completely unrelated topic.  I'm not interested in debating it all over again, the old topic is still there if anyone wants to go read it.  But if you're going to put words in my mouth I'm going to correct those falsehoods.

• last edited
    last edited

@Errikos said:

But I must say, I was impressed with the anvil/hammer sound, what library was that from?

I must admit I am not very happy with the woodwinds I currently have (not VSL). I am eagerly waiting for companies like Cinesamples, Audiobro and EW to come up with their woodwinds libraries. I am sure VSL woodwinds is the best you can have at the moment, its a bit too expensive for me to get right now..

I have layered quite a lot of different things from various sources in the hammer type percussion hits and such.. There is some stuff from Sonokinetic Tutti, Spitfire Percussion and then some Tonehammer percussions..

• For propriety reasons, only the first line in the above post was mine.

• never mind

• never mind

• I was wrong about the sound - sorry William I apologize.

•  That's O.K. 

• To Errikos:
    "If you can't notate/MIDI it yourself, it's NOT your music!"
    GREAT SENTENCE!!! IS IT YOURS????

• Yes, it originated as a comment in one of my polemic posts somewhere in the middle of this thread, and I decided to sport it as my signature in the vein hope that through repetition - as with subliminal messages - people might think thrice about what they are, what they do, how, and who they think they're kidding (including themselves).

I encourage its flagrant and unlimited proliferation.

• Maybe I didn't understand exactly that sentence, and I was mistaking being ironic. Please consider that messages that are too subliminal can be misunderstood by many people...

• So what is ambiguous about this sentence rendering its understanding difficult? It is its repetition I was comparing to subliminal messages, not the sentence itself. On the contrary, this sentence's/aphorism's message is crystal clear, with no intentional - and I believe no perceivable - irony about it. It means exactly what it says:

• sorry about that zombie-Davidsbundler-Zimmerian-Barbarian lapse...

• This is such a lovely and friendly forum. Genius indeed has side effects.

• Although to me it is self-evident what the message is, perhaps it is ambiguous to some. I don't wish to be misunderstood (by anyone who gives a crap what I say anyway):

My contention is that you either have to be able to notate your intentions, or if you can't read/write standard manuscript you then have to either be able to play everything in the sequencer, or if you're not a keyboardist, you have to be able to input every single MIDI event of your composition in step-time, with your mouse/keyboard, etc. ALL of it. 

If on the other hand you think that orchestral composition is anything like dragging several tempo-compatible Apple-loops to the Arrange Page and mixing them, i.e. creating a track out of OTHER PEOPLE'S ideas, then the following was certainly inspired by - as well as addressing - you:

• Ok thank you, now your opinion is clearer :)

• Hi Erik,

first of all thank's for your efford! Maybe I'm wrong but your LASS example on soundcloud sounds a lot like strings mono thru a stereo reverb. I have no relations with LASS at all. I just own the library as well, along with all of the other tested libraries and in their defense I must say I really think it can sound much better than this! ...well at least more stereo.

Best regards,

Oliver