Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Cross fade with 'Blare'

I have set up a cross fade with the New Dimension Brass samples so as to use the 'blare' samples when at higher dynamics (I use C11 to control dynamics with standard velocity crossfade, in sibelius)

Problem is, that the crossfade is designed, I believe, as essentially an even cross fade from one sample to another, 50-50 if you like, and no matter what I do with cross fade curve, there is always a 'bleed' of the blare sample at low dymanics

If I were using these in a workstation it'd be no issue as I could just  program it but as I use sibelius I'd like to be able to fade in and out of blare at the high end automatically. I realise I could put 'blare' all over my scores - but that's not really what I need. It will sound much more realistic for the cresc to go up through the normal vel layers and end up at blare - and come down again.

I guess what would be great is for VSL to reprogram the sus patches to include the 'blare' samples as the highest velocity patch  - perhaps a 'sus with blare' patch for those of us who want it? The problem (don't get me wrong I love the new library on the whole) with the Dim brass is that without the 'blare' the top end of the dynamic range doesn't cut through as it ought.

Anyway I can change my programming with the crossfade that I haven't worked out?

Cheers

Steve

• Hello Steve!

Fortunately the Vienna Instruments Pro Player is very flexible. I think I could achieve what you have in mind. Here is how:
    1.) Load the according Dimension Brass Preset for Sibelius.
    2.) Go to Advanced View and load the blare patches to all B-Slots of the A3 and B3 matrix cells of all matrices you need.
    4.) Activate Slot XFade for all slots by clicking between the A and B slots.
    4.) Go to Edit and change the Velocity Curve of the B-Slots to -40 dB Floor and 17 curve.
    5.) Go to the Ctrl Map page and set Slot XF to CC11.
    6.) Set the Slot XF curve to ca. 4,5

Now you should have the blare samples at fff velocity in Sibelius.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • That's great - hadn't remembered that velocity curve was there!

Awesome and quick service as usual Andi!

Steve

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on