Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,618 users have contributed to 42,246 threads and 254,868 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Sergino,

That's correct. The free Extended Library offer is limited to one free Extended Library of one DVD Collection per user, as described here. Percussion Complete consists of two DVD Collections, and you'll have to choose which Extended Library you'd like to get for free - Percussion or Elements.

Best,

Stefan

•  VSL Team,

Please help me understand what my authorized dealer should be doing for me. Let me say I want to take the combination offer of #1 and #2.  I order the following four products:

1.  Orchestral Strings 1 & 2 Standard Libraries

2.  Chamber Strings 1 & 2 Standard Libraries

Now, Is my dealer (Sweetwater in the USA) authorized at that moment to instantly give me the 23% discount off the entire purchase so that I don't actually pay the full price and get a re-imbursement later?  Or does the dealer have to go through a big process to make this happen and the burden falls on them to deal with you or Ilio?

After the completion of my purchasing from them the 4 libraries I then contact sales at VSL to get my free ONE extended library correct?

Thanks!

Maestro2be

• Same sort of question I am afraid, but before making a purchase I want to be absolutely sure I understand correctly.

I have the Special Edition (standard and extended) and I also have the complete legacy Vienna Symphonic Library. If I buy the Special Edition Plus Standard I can get the Special Edition Plus Extended for free?

Thanks for confirming, cheers, Bob.

• I don´t see a problem with that.

No.1 you got 4 standard libraries and Sweetwater is listed as an authourized dealer.  -> "Go" for immediate 23% reduction and of course the free extended edition.

No2. You already own one library and want to buy another one -> "Go" as long as it is not a library in the group of excluded smaller and cheaper instruments.

Should work.

Best Service deducted the price reduction directly. Don´t know how Sweetwater handles it, just ask them directly, but I´m sure that they will find a way.

For the free extended library keep in mind the registration deadline of mid January.

If you want to make 100% sure, drop a mail to the Vienna support directly, but I think the holiday offer is pretty clear in that case.

• cgernaey, I also bought four standard libraries through Sweetwater.  The one thing Sweetwater had to do with my order was confirm it first with VSL before the 23% discount, and the order, became official.  That did take a couple extra days, given the time difference between Central USA and Austria.  When I emailed VSL with my free library request, they responded very promptly.

Just to make sure, you do realize on anything that is available as a bundle, the discount offer is based on the standard individual library price, not the bundle price?  The offer does not allow 23% off of a bundle price.  Buying those four libraries on an individual basis, as you described it, should be fine.

• Oh yes, you´re right.

Of course you can´t save twice. Bundle Reduction + additionall 23% off wouldn´t work. But since the bundles are already discounted, saving is guaranteed with either method. I didn´t get out the calculator, maybe it is exact the factor of 1.23......

If it is so complicated with Sweetwater, I would just buy here on the website, since time is running away now.

• last edited
    last edited

Seems like the holiday offer is a little bit more attractive than the bundle discount :

In the VSL webshop the 23% reduction seems to work, when you take the libraries as separate items :

1 1 Orchestral Strings I Standard Library € 425.00 € 0.00 € 425.00
    2 1 Orchestral Strings II Standard Library € 395.00 € 0.00 € 395.00
    3 1 Solo Strings I Standard Library € 325.00 € 0.00 € 325.00
    4 1 Solo Strings II Standard Library € 295.00 € 0.00 € 295.00

Total € 1,440.00
    Discount on Custom Standard Library Bundle € 331.20
    Discounted Total € 1,108.80

• Hello cgernaey, songman,

Thanks for your interest in our holiday offer!

Cgernaey: Sweetwater is one of our Authorized Dealers, so they should definitely be able to give you 23% discount for the order that you mentioned. You might want to inquire at Sweetwater directly on how exactly they will apply the discount. From our side it's OK that the dealer gives the customer the discount directly, i.e., not with a re-imbursement later.

After registration of all ordered products, please write a short email to and we'll then send you the serial number for your free Extended Library (the sample content is already included on the DVDs that you'll receive from the dealer).

Songman: I just took a look at your registered products, and I confirm that you can take advantage of our holiday offer as described by you. :-)

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,

Stefan

• Thanks a lot Stefan! Great news, I'll order the Special Edition Plus and send an email to sales@vsl.co.at to get the Special Edition Plus Extended library for free. That's really too nice an offer to let pass. By the way I am also enjoying the Vienna Ensemble Pro (which I just bought) enormously, it is a lifesaver in Protools if you need a lot of instrumentation!

Cheers, Bob.

• Thanks for your kind words about our VE PRO, much appreciated! :-)

Best, Stefan

• Another question: I'm very interested in the "Percussion DVD". I already own the Special Edition (extended) the Appassionata Strings I+II, complete Harps etc...

How can I combine the Percussion with something else? E.g. the "Elements"? ... or is another combination possible? I must say, that I'm a bit confused!

matde

• You still can combine the regular Percussion and Elements. Just find out which bundle is cheaper for you, the everyday "ALL" Percussion bundle or the Holiday offer.

With string libraries, the holiday deal was better.

As soon as you add another two std libraries it will work. You can take whatever you want ( the only exemptions are the very small and cheap libraries...they are explained in the Holiday offer. Rule of thumb : All the big libraries work).

Just use the webshop. It shows you the discounts automatically, including the Xmas deal.

• Thank you for your support. I'll take a look at the webshop and see what's best for me.

• Dear Paul!

I have sent you an email this early afternoon, but got no reply until now.

Best, 

Nico.

• The offer states:

Buy 1 Vienna Instruments DVD Collection (Standard Library)
    and get 1 FREE Extended Library of your choice!

Does the deal work with two standard dvd collections or is it limited to one?  For example, if I were to purchase the Special Brass DVD and Chamber Strings II DVDs would I get the extended libraries free for both? (I already own several standard VI library collections and their extensions (Brass 1, Percussion, Chamber strings.)

Marko

• You will only get one.  You have to decide which one you want.

Maestro2be

• *RTFM`*    :)

"This offer is limited to one free Extended Library per user."