Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,815 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Dan,

we'll look into the issue asap.

Cheers,

• Thanks, Martin.  If you have any difficulty reproducing the issue please don't hesitate to contact me.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dan Selby said:

I'm running Vienna Ensemble Pro Server v.4.0.6150 (64bit).  I have recently updated from Kontakt 3.5 to Kontakt 4.1 and the background loading is brilliant.  Loading two instances of Kontakt 4.1 with my full LASS template takes maybe 30 seconds.  That's when I load directly in Cubase but it's still taking several minutes to load when they are loaded in VE Pro server - the samples load very quickly into Kontakt but VEPro sits for ages after that with the "Loading" screen.

Is this typical?  What's going on?

Dan

I don't know what 'for ages' means. My loading times are not real high by my own idea of how long it should take. There are times when I was quite impatient and timed it. It came out to a couple of minutes, a minute twenty, like that. I've had projects that must have aquired some garbage, corrupt, that took far longer at around the same size. I don't think VE Pro takes particularly long to load. Where it's Cubase loading VE Pro as part of the .cpr, it does take too long, longer to load the project than VE Pro by itself, twice as, four times as long, so I don't usually do that.

If it takes longer for VE Pro to load than for Cubase to load VE Pro, something is wrong. If it really is taking a ridiculous amt of time, given the amount you're loading (which your post indicates) something is wrong in your system. Do you have VEP set to automatically start up after sleep? That, I wouldn't do, I'd expect hangs or problems.