Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,320 users have contributed to 42,292 threads and 255,048 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• No.  Two instances of Kontakt 4.1 and a bunch of output channels (not that many) to send the outputs of Kontakt to.  VEPro loads the LASS instance then loads the first instance of K4.1 in it (LASS high) and the samples load (quickly, as I say).  Then I get a long wait with "Loading" on the screen.  Then it loads the second instance of K4.1 and its samples (LASS low) and then the same thing again - another long wait with Loading on the screen.  Then, after that, it instantiates the second instance of VEPro and starts loading my Tonehammer samples etc.

• I'm having this identical problem.  Load LASS through Kontakt 4.1 straight into Logic and voila, super-fast loading time.  Load LASS into VEP and it takes roughly 10-times longer (no exaggeration).

• I should also add that when I load up a huge LASS multi straight into Logic, all works fine.  Load it into VEP and suddenly I'm getting CPU overloads up the wazoo.

• Hello Martin

And what about VE PRO server 64 bit !

Will it load  all the VE PRO's at the same time ?

Have a good week-end

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Cyril,

yes - VEPro will load all VI Pro instances at once, and thus be instantly available for editing. The samples then get loaded one-after-another in the background.

• GREAT

I am dying  to get it !

Thanks

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

bump for Martin or anyone from Vienna...

@MS said:

Dan,

VEPro does nothing different than Cubase when it comes to loading the chunk of data into Kontakt. Do you have anything else running in this VEPro instance besides Kontakt?

Thanks,

• Dan,

we'll look into the issue asap.

Cheers,

• Thanks, Martin.  If you have any difficulty reproducing the issue please don't hesitate to contact me.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dan Selby said:

I'm running Vienna Ensemble Pro Server v.4.0.6150 (64bit).  I have recently updated from Kontakt 3.5 to Kontakt 4.1 and the background loading is brilliant.  Loading two instances of Kontakt 4.1 with my full LASS template takes maybe 30 seconds.  That's when I load directly in Cubase but it's still taking several minutes to load when they are loaded in VE Pro server - the samples load very quickly into Kontakt but VEPro sits for ages after that with the "Loading" screen.

Is this typical?  What's going on?

Dan

I don't know what 'for ages' means. My loading times are not real high by my own idea of how long it should take. There are times when I was quite impatient and timed it. It came out to a couple of minutes, a minute twenty, like that. I've had projects that must have aquired some garbage, corrupt, that took far longer at around the same size. I don't think VE Pro takes particularly long to load. Where it's Cubase loading VE Pro as part of the .cpr, it does take too long, longer to load the project than VE Pro by itself, twice as, four times as long, so I don't usually do that.

If it takes longer for VE Pro to load than for Cubase to load VE Pro, something is wrong. If it really is taking a ridiculous amt of time, given the amount you're loading (which your post indicates) something is wrong in your system. Do you have VEP set to automatically start up after sleep? That, I wouldn't do, I'd expect hangs or problems.