Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,452 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,801 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Looking forward to that new version.

By the way, Paul, I saw on the "sneak preview" that it will cost a "moderate price"......

Will it be a one license per computer price ?

Because, if so, a "moderate price" can end up no longer being so moderate for users with several machines....

Is it a just a hopeless dream to envision an authorization scheme à la Vienna Suite ?

• 125€ is quite affordable. Although on quite the budget atm, I think I will have to purchase this before sep 15 to recieve the Flugelhorn. I can always fall back on eating noodles. :)

• last edited
    last edited

@sirbellog said:

Will it be a one license per computer price ?

Hi Sirbellog,

With one VI PRO purchase you will recieve 3 licenses, analog to Vienna Suite and Vienna Ensemble PRO.

best

Herb

• last edited
    last edited

When I clicked on the 'Download' buttons on the 'VIPro product page - Videos section' no download was intiated, but instead I got the message 'No File ID was specified'.

• Herb and Paul,

The demos are superb. Great job!

Looking forward to the product once available.

J

• Just watched the demos online: I'm very impressed by the possibilities of the new VIPro, great job! 

• I just watched the Overview video - this looks immense!!

One thing:

I hope the actual interface is darker and easier to read than what we see on the videos. Some of the areas appear to lack contrast...

• last edited
    last edited

@musos said:

I hope the actual interface is darker and easier to read than what we see on the videos. Some of the areas appear to lack contrast...

Agreed -- light text on a dark background is not ideal for TEXT. Especially for those of us who are not 18 anymore. (protools 8 GUI argument all over again - danger!).  Hopefully, the patch/matrix/preset library window will be easy to read, and in a perfect world, the interface will be expandable and text size will be a preference (ala Kontakt) for those of us who have good vision, but are just a bit older...

As I continue to watch all the videos (there goes all productivity this afternoon) I am more and more impressed with the featureset. Congratulations to the entire VI Pro team!

• @ Herb and Paul.

It is amazing, so let us have the possibility to buy it. It needs a bit time to come over with every function inside, and it offers new ways to make an orchestra sound personally unique. Great development Vienna TEAM.

• last edited
    last edited

@Jann said:

When I clicked on the 'Download' buttons on the 'VIPro product page - Videos section' no download was intiated, but instead I got the message 'No File ID was specified'.  

Hi, sorry for the missing downloads - there were wrong IDs assigned to the files. It's working now!

Have fun,
    David Ender / VSL Manuals & IT

• VI Pro is a tour de force. Extremely deep and powerful.

Contratulations Herb and team! You've given my investment in your libraries a new lease on life.

Can't wait to get the chance to purchase it and put it to work. Love the videos!

• Congrats for this release VSL Team, this new VI Pro seems really packed with powerful features !

Herb, the 3-license like Vienna Suite is truly good news, thanks for this.

Now, I strongly second the other posters' comments about the GUI's lack of contrast.

Maybe it's not the same once the real thing is displayed on the user's screen, but what we see in the videos and screenshots make me fear for my poor old eyes some strain and fatigue...

Maybe an "option" for color and contrast personalized adjustments will not be a too painful update to make ?

• Downside is that it's going to take a LOT of time working on the settings and templates for various instruments. I hope that perhaps the VSL team will work on some ready-to-go presets/templates?

With such a deep VI perhaps that in the future VSL will consider some import function so that third party samples can be imported and mapped into VIPro.

• The 1 million dollar question : what about the VST expressions? :)

• last edited
    last edited

@Ramu said:

The 1 million dollar question : what about the VST expressions? 😊

Are you asking if Vi Pro will work exactly the same as with the current VI as far as VST Expression is concerned? Or are you asking if there will be an enhanced VST Expression? If the latter, what do you want it to do that it already doesn't?

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@sirbellog said:

Now, I strongly second the other posters' comments about the GUI's lack of contrast.

+1!

Julian

• I kinda like it now. I wouln't like to stare at it day in and day out if it was as midnight blue as VE Pro. Maybe a couple percent more darkness on the lightest blue gradations would be sufficient.

And as long as we're getting picky here - let's lose the reflection of the matrix cells on the background. It only adds to the visual clutter.

But once again, this is so exiting! VSL has really become a powerhouse software innovator.

I do however feel sorry for the poor individual who checks out VSL for the first time and goes to the VI Pro Videos page and plays the 'Overview - The Basic Structure of Vienna Intruments PRO'. Every night I have to listen to my wife come back from her day in medical school complaining about how overloaded her brain is. I can empathsize more with her now.

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

Are you asking if Vi Pro will work exactly the same as with the current VI as far as VST Expression is concerned? Or are you asking if there will be an enhanced VST Expression? If the latter, what do you want it to do that it already doesn't?

DG

Well, as the matrix are now much more sophisticated I'm pretty sure the presets could be much better...As I may guess, you don't plan to do some?

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

DG

Well, as the matrix are now much more sophisticated I'm pretty sure the presets could be much better...As I may guess, you don't plan to do some?

Of course I will be adjusting my Presets, but VST Expression is already far too basic for my needs, so i was wondering if you thought that new player will make any difference, if VST Expression is not advanced enough for the current player.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Ramu said:

Yep, but it will take some time, because we have to support a lot of different poducts: Download Instruments, Special Edition, DVD collections,

standard & full versions...

best

Herb

best

Herb